Which Pirate ship is the best?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pirate ship is the best?

• 6265 Black Seas Barracuda (10040)
    • 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
    • 6289 Red Beard Runner (6290)
    • 6268 Renegade Runner
    • 6250 Cross Bone Clipper

What exactly are the differences between 6289 and 6290 Red Beard Runners apart from the box? Lugnet says the first one has 691 parts and the re-release has 698. Does it just have more spare parts or accesories such as pistols and sabres or is it something else? And what about the differences between Black Seas Barracudas: 6285 (865 parts) and 10040 (869 parts)? Does anyone know?

I believe spares did not used to feature in the piece count...

What do you mean by "spares"?

I believe spares did not used to feature in the piece count...

What do you mean by "spares"?

The spare pieces Lego includes to guard against loss (mainly visors and round plate 1x1s...)

God Bless,

Nathan

WHAT?! who added a vote for the BSB?! Confess! :-D

God Bless,

Nathan

]

The spare pieces Lego includes to guard against loss (mainly visors and round plate 1x1s...)

There were no visors in the BSB... That just wouldn't be proper!

]

There were no visors in the BSB... That just wouldn't be proper!

That was just a gnereal description so you would know what I was refering to...

God Bless,

Nathan

Actually you've got me totally confused. Why visors out of all the pieces?

Of the extra pieces lego include in sets visors are by far the most common. Every set that includes a visor, actually includes two... Thus I used it to illustrate the extra lego pieces lego chuck in...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well I don't purchase sets with visors in them! Actually I got some Ice Planet 2002 sets back in 93 that had visors in them. But only one mind you. I want my second visor dammit!

Well, back to my question. I don't know if the spare parts do or do not count, however if they don't and the instructions are the same the only logical answer would be the different quantity of minifig accesories.

I just won my second Renegade Runner on eBay. Its missing the spinnaker but I've already got a spare one of those so that shouldn't be a problem.

Why has nobody voted for the Renegade Runner? Is it really THAT bad? Or has it just been unlucky?

I just won my second Renegade Runner on eBay. Its missing the spinnaker but I've already got a spare one of those so that shouldn't be a problem.

Why has nobody voted for the Renegade Runner? Is it really THAT bad? Or has it just been unlucky?

Lets start a new poll for ships with one or less mid sectoions...I think that would answer your Q.

God Bless,

Nathan

Which ships would you include? I've identified 3 different types of "less mid section" ships.

• Renegade Runner and Crossbone Clipper?
  • Armada Flagship and Imperial Flagship (with one middle hull piece)
  • Caribbean Clipper (with the same number of hull pieces, but wider)

Which ships would you include? I've identified 3 different types of "less mid section" ships.

• Renegade Runner and Crossbone Clipper?
  • Armada Flagship and Imperial Flagship (with one middle hull piece)
  • Caribbean Clipper (with the same number of hull pieces, but wider)

That would be my list... I specified middle sections so the Clipper could be included though arguably it could be just the smaller hulled vessels...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well do you want the honours of creating the thread, or should I do it?

Pirate falls under your juristiction ; ) and my links never work...

God Bless,

Nathan

6285, or the Black Seas Barracuda is easily the best of the bunch. In terms of colour and design, I much prefer the yellow, black and red of the BSB to the red, grey, black and white of the Skull's Eye Schooner. I also prefer the more ornate design of the cabin when compared to other ships. In fact, the BSB is easily one of my favorite all-time sets!

BSB>>>>>>All other ships.

Later.

I agree, plus it has more nice details, like all those hatches (8 including doors!), is more universal (no skull and crossbones printed on sails) and much more good-looking than the SES.

Yes, it's one of the best sets ever made. And it's finally winning in our poll thanks to you. A place it deserved from the very beginning. Black Seas Barracuda forever!!! :)

I just received the Red Beard Runner! I must say there's one category in which this ship beats the rest. It's the crew. Three rare and great-looking torsos (two with anchor tatoos, one "Pirate Open Jacket over Brown Vest Pattern") plus great Ironhook's torso (though I still claim it's not Ironhook himself in this particular set) and equally great torso with "Pirate Green Vest, Shirt, and Belt Pattern", the one we've been discussing here. Now if only I get some free time and finish the construction of my merchantman, I'll start making a MOC based on some of this ship's parts (I already have a few ideas)!

6285, or the Black Seas Barracuda is easily the best of the bunch. In terms of colour and design, I much prefer the yellow, black and red of the BSB to the red, grey, black and white of the Skull's Eye Schooner. I also prefer the more ornate design of the cabin when compared to other ships. In fact, the BSB is easily one of my favorite all-time sets!

BSB>>>>>>All other ships.

Later.

I think the SES' cabin is better, escpecially the access. And I do prefer the colour scheme. The only place the BSB is better is that it can easily shed the pirate image. Also I think the SES has an all round sinister prescence the BSB just lacks...

God Bless,

Nathan

I must say there's one category in which this ship beats the rest. It's the crew

I totally agree! I like those Spanish pirates and the torsos much more than the older ones.

Also I think the SES has an all round sinister prescence the BSB just lacks...

I just received the Red Beard Runner! I must say there's one category in which this ship beats the rest. It's the crew. Three rare and great-looking torsos.

Yes, the mini-figure diversity seems to have increased in the last two years of our beloved pirate theme which I thought was a very good thing. But since the new figures were only in production for a couple of years there's significantly less of them so naturally they're more expensive. Dammit!

The SES is in position to launch its superior broadside again...

God Bless,

Nathan