Which Pirate ship is the best?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pirate ship is the best?

• 6265 Black Seas Barracuda (10040)
    • 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
    • 6289 Red Beard Runner (6290)
    • 6268 Renegade Runner
    • 6250 Cross Bone Clipper

I voted for the Red Beard Runner because its the only one I have!!!

Also I really like the skull rear of the ship and the sails.

Its not a perfect ship: lack of additional sails and some color parts (mostly blue).

I voted for the Cross Bone Clipper, just for you mister_phes ;)

It is the most colorful one of the bunch... if you are into that sort of thing...

Life is Good.

I voted for 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner because it is the best lego ship.... Votes for all others should be disregarded :-D .

God Bless,

Nathan

I went with the Barracuda (but the Schooner is close). I like the red/white sails better (which you could use a a naval or merchant ship as well). What I most like is the tail end of this ship with the yellow bricks and classic windows. It would be great to see them do battle.

Yes the advantage with the Black Seas Barracuda to the other Pirate ships is if you don't want it to be a Pirate ship, all you need do is remove the flags. Wheras all the other Pirate ships need their sails replaced.

I went with the Barracuda (but the Schooner is close). I like the red/white sails better (which you could use a a naval or merchant ship as well). What I most like is the tail end of this ship with the yellow bricks and classic windows. It would be great to see them do battle.

The SES would destrou the BSB with 4 cannons brought to bear...

God Bless,

Nathan

I thought the Black Seas Barracuda also had 4 cannons, but only two on each side wheras the Skulls Eye Schooner has its cannons on rotating bases so it can have 4 on the same side.

I thought the Black Seas Barracuda also had 4 cannons, but only two on each side wheras the Skulls Eye Schooner has its cannons on rotating bases so it can have 4 on the same side.

Exactly right but when the ships engage it becomes 4 on 2 with the BSB having 2 useless cannons... The SES cannon rotation system is a beautiful thing to behold, let alone build :-D !

God Bless,

Nathan

Or you could just customise the Black Seas Barracuda to have extra cannons...

True, but then you would have to mess with my custom 2-deck SES. It looks terrible (well....) and packs an average 16 gun punch (32 for a pirate game if I cram the deck...16 on each side of course ;) ).

God Bless and BOOM....

Nathan

Holy Toleado! Do you have up close pictures of that in your BrickShelf gallery? Were you the one with BrickShelf Gallery, or was that Ed Dot Com? I forget!

Sadly, I do not as yet have myself a SES. It is however, high on my wish list as of now ;) I do have pics of a few ships (custom, & the like) within my BrickShelf gallery, but no SES.

Although, you have seen pics of some of the Piratey items I have been gathering up lately in trades (hulls, masts, etc.), & the fact that my cannon total has risen over 80, I figure there will be a large Pirate Ship MOC in my future ;)

Life is Good.

Yes, you seem to have amassed quite an impressive collection of Piratey items. How long till you create such a MOC?

Yes, you seem to have amassed quite an impressive collection of Piratey items.  How long till you create such a MOC?

Ahh, it may be some time... I have many things in life that tend to take up my time (job, daughter, wife ;) ) leaving little for MOCs. But I will begin work when the time is right & i will probably involve my daughter in some way (because she loves building with "blocks", she calls them)... I need to first decide on what I am to build then get a visual picture in my head before I start, otherwise it will take me forever to build anything (call it LEGO ADD ;) ) But rest assured, I am definetly starting things within my mind :-D

Life is Good.

I do wonder which Pirate sets you have, unless of course they're all MOCs. But if you have others could you possibly list them in the Which Pirate Lego sets do you have thread when you have time?

Surely...

Life is Good.

Holy Toleado!  Do you have up close pictures of that in your BrickShelf gallery?  Were you the one with BrickShelf Gallery, or was that Ed Dot Com?  I forget!

I have a brickshelf gallery... that you commented on but no pirate MOCs... yet ;) The ship I speak of was built before my MOCs reached the quality that could be shared online... Actually most of my current gallery is still below the par I wish to set for myself...

God Bless :-D ,

Nathan

Excellent! I man that aims high. You'll go far. Never stop pushing yourself to do better. Its also a great inspiration to us who can't be building MOCs at all.

i would says BRB mainly because I find it "legendary" set. I have seen it only couple of times but it is still impressing showcase of that time's LEGO culture.

Poor Renegade Runner is not doing so well... :(

Life is Good.

Poor Renegade Runner is not doing so well...  :(

Life is Good.

How did the croos bone clipper get ahead of it?!

God Bless,

Nathan

Its the rareness factor of course. People are naturally intrigued by what's scarce and what they can't have. Also I've heard some say they like colour contrast between the red and green.