Ron Dayes

LEGO's "Ford Returns" Video - LDD file

First of all, for those who havent seen it allready:

They claim it to be just for advertising and not to become an official set.

Well, looking through the video, this is quite easy to build. So we dont mind^^

From what i could see, there are no new parts so this can be build with nowadays "standard" stuff. If you allready own some of the SC, this should be a piece of cake partwise.

File is ready for LDD download via this link , though im not very sure on the inside structure. The shape however should be correct ;-)

Enjoy

27707080125_3192f5721b_c.jpgFord GT 40 Speed Champions LDD file by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

This is fantastic, thank you! Now to do the new Ford GT! :P

Thank you Ron... The back needs to be improved. In original are there also used connectors from Vulcano sets...

This car is so lovely. :*

20160617_011102_20160617011130273.jpg

20160617_010618.jpg

20160617_011414.jpg

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Thank you Ron... The back needs to be improved. In original are there also used connectors from Vulcano sets...

20160617_010618.jpg

20160617_011414.jpg

Max

Nice work!! I recently reverse engineered the GT40 model to make a 2005 GT. I might have to upload photos of that someday...

20160617_010618.jpg

20160617_011414.jpg

Max

Many thanks for building this so fast.

Also many thanks to all of you for the praise! The quest aint over yet - fellow flickr member //PROTOTYP figured out the back design - since i didnt knew this new tubish connector piece, i did the back wrong, allthough it led to a somewhat similar result. I believe his back design to be very correct, he analysed the video very patiently and with a keen eye. I will update the file soon, but if you want to start right off, use this pic as build reference - Lego Speed Champions Ford GT40 Le Mans tribute mods (based off Ron Dayes' build)

Many thanks to Prototype!

Cheers

Although I'm not so much into cars, I will definately build this one. It looks great. Thanks for sharing this. :sweet:

Cheers,

Tobi

I gave it a try. Inspired by Ron I reverse engineered the second Ford in LDD.

As you can see, the hub caps are missing. I couldn't find them in LDD. Also, a lot of details are shown with stickers. Sadly, they're not on the LDD model.

Without further ado...

27804019842_4ca3ac27ea_c.jpg

27828638181_080dfeef6b_c.jpg

27881146616_13f4561333_c.jpg

Comments and critics are welcomed. Meanwhile I'm ordering bricks...

Cheers,

Tobi

Edit: Added another closeup.

Edited by Brick Pirate

As you can see, the hub caps are missing. I couldn't find them in LDD. Also, a lot of details are shown with stickers. Sadly, they're not on the LDD model.

Without further ado...

Cheers,

Tobi

extremly well done! Nice renders! :sweet:

I also updated the old LDD file of the GT40 for anyone else that is interested.

I took PROTOTYPES analysis of the vid and changed the back - this should be very correct now shapewise

Find the new file for a free download here on moc-pages.com !

Without further ado...

Cheers,

Tobi

This is an awesome render of the 2016 GT LM as well as the GT40. Since you mentioned it was made in LDD does how did you pull off the models in that background? Didn't know if that was a feature in LDD I was missing out on or another program.

Looks awesome, if i have spare time tonight i might see about bricklinking the GT40 version, i wonder if a Gulf colour scheme is possible

Just placed an order for this car in black/white, sadly no pearl gold rims...

Came out to €20 including the driver from the mustang, plus shipping from 2 BL shops, so a little more expensive then what i wouldve paid for a normal set in store, but this will be a slightly more exclusive model, so its all good!

Well, received my parts over the week, not only did one seller send the wrong size tires, it also appears LDD screwed up exporting the parts list (or i massively screwed up typing them into BL, since it wouldnt import), but im missing quite some pieces...

back to the drawing board!

It seems there is a curse on this model, i just received the right tires, and a second shipment to correct some of my own mistakes, but the second seller sent me the wrong wheel arches, which are meant for the wrong tires i received in the first place...

It is starting to look the business though

It seems there is a curse on this model, i just received the right tires, and a second shipment to correct some of my own mistakes, but the second seller sent me the wrong wheel arches, which are meant for the wrong tires i received in the first place...

It is starting to look the business though

Darn, seems like this builts piece ordering will be your ultimate challenge of patience :-/ you definately need to post it here once finished! Hope it wasnt my bad with the file or that i used a weird unnamed part here or there, which cracked up your import list. There are some parts that may do that, allthough i dont remember having used any of those...

Good luck!

Darn, seems like this builts piece ordering will be your ultimate challenge of patience :-/ you definately need to post it here once finished! Hope it wasnt my bad with the file or that i used a weird unnamed part here or there, which cracked up your import list. There are some parts that may do that, allthough i dont remember having used any of those...

Good luck!

Will do!

I dont know what the problem was with the import, you had some weird colours in there though.

And yeah, i screwed up typing the parts list into BL rather spectacularly, i missed a whole bunch of plates (which i managed to pilfer from my old tub of lego, there are a decent amount of 90s parts in the model), two wheel arches (which im still waiting on...), and having two out of three orders contain seller mistakes... Depending on whether the correct wheel arches get here tomorrow (which is possible, but the seller was one day slow on the original order), it might have taken me two weeks to build this little car :sceptic:

Well worth it though, since yesterday its sitting on tires and has the correct tint rear window, and it does look the business! just missing the front wheel arches, which also makes the hood a bit flimsy. As soon as i get the arches in, ill add the car to the big SC lineup on display! (and probably start designing some of my own SC cars, i really want an F40!)

Well, finally got my parts in and finished it!

I think i know why lego doesnt want to put it out as an official set, the whole front area is a bit flimsy, the slanted nose and the gap in the main structure to accommodate the hood-scoops all make it less sturdy then a typical SC car (ive got 12 of the official ones to compare). Put this in the hands of young kids used to the other cars in the line, and itll fall apart a lot.

That said, i absolutely LOVE it. It is a very good model, and thanks again Ron for reverse engineering it from the video! It is now standing between the R18 and Mustang in my SC display (i try to keep a sort of link between each car and the next.)

Well, finally got my parts in and finished it!

I think i know why lego doesnt want to put it out as an official set, the whole front area is a bit flimsy, the slanted nose and the gap in the main structure to accommodate the hood-scoops all make it less sturdy then a typical SC car (ive got 12 of the official ones to compare). Put this in the hands of young kids used to the other cars in the line, and itll fall apart a lot.

That said, i absolutely LOVE it. It is a very good model, and thanks again Ron for reverse engineering it from the video! It is now standing between the R18 and Mustang in my SC display (i try to keep a sort of link between each car and the next.)

Make sure you get us some pics ;)

And yeah, that would also be my guess for why TLG meant not to produce it. Its not as firm as stone, like the other SCs. Sad fact though, if you want cool techniques and realistic look without stickers, it goes to the cost of stability - at least in my experience;)

youre welcome, we also have to give credit to Prototype for redoing the back window (which i did wrong in the first version).

Have fun with your new car ;-)