Sign in to follow this  
Col. Whipstick

Pirate flags for your creations!

At long last and due to some popular requests I have done a run on pirate flags!

If anything these were easier than any of the national flags because the intricate dimensions aren't an issue and all the pirate flags are generically the same - a white icon central to the black background and thus resizing has been relatively easy to fit the official lego size whereas with things like the Union Jack it took excessive re-designing.

Now I picked 6 designs which to me looked the most different and appealing but I will attempt to provide links to the various pirates which are:

Edward Teach 'Blackbeard'

lego_edward_teach_flag.gif

Henry Every

lego_henry_every_flag.gif

John Rackham 'Calico Jack'

lego_john_rackham_flag.gif

Stede Bonnet

lego_stede_bonnet_flag.gif

Thomas Tew

lego_thomas_tew_flag.gif

Edmund Condent

lego_edmund_condent_flag.gif

Bartholomew Roberts (Black Bart)

lego_black_bart_one_flag.gif

lego_black_bart_two_flag.gif

In addition this is a very useful and interesting website for pirate reading:

History of Piracy

Hope you all enjoyed these!

Edited by Col. Whipstick

I will most likely use one of these sets for my films!

That Henry Every flag is the coolest i think! *sweet*

If i ever get round to it, i'll see if i can get some good decal paper, preferably the waterslide type....but i don't know if my printer is good enough.

I'm not used to printing stuff on fabric but would it be possible to actually print these flags directly onto a piece of fabric or do you have to take the long way round and first put it on a piece of paper?

Ps the Henry Avery flag and the Blackbeard flag are sweeeet *y*

That Henry Every flag is the coolest i think! *sweet*

If i ever get round to it, i'll see if i can get some good decal paper, preferably the waterslide type....but i don't know if my printer is good enough.

Funny you should say that, that was the one I was considering modifying to make a Green Hair flag, having the hair flare out at the back of the skull. He also apparently used a flag of the same design but with a red background instead of the formal black which is the first case I've seen of pirates deviating from the 'status quo'

Thanks for some more great flags, Whipstick *y*

If it's not too much to ask, could you make Black Bart's two flags? Thanks *sweet*

Another superb batch of flags! You keep churning them out so fast I don't have time to look at them all! X-D

I'm not used to printing stuff on fabric but would it be possible to actually print these flags directly onto a piece of fabric or do you have to take the long way round and first put it on a piece of paper?

Ps the Henry Avery flag and the Blackbeard flag are sweeeet *y*

Well quite honestly I have yet to print any of my creations. My living circumstances are somewhat awkward as I live out of a suitcase, that means no lego and no printer. Perhaps someone else could tell you.

I paste the flags onto MS word first, and print em on paper, then they fit official lego flags.

X-O Do you have the other side of it? :hmpf:

I've posted loads of flags and I was expecting someone to ask that but I guess people haven't been using them so finally someone else has picked up on the problem, or atleast I think it's a problem. The layout of the rippling flag was taken more or less from the design on the original flags, however as I haven't had one of the original flags with me since designing all these I've been unable to see if the overall pattern is different on the otherside, I'm guessing that it's the same printed design, in which case one would have to just print twice and stick the image onto both sides.

If this isn't the case and another side has to be designed we have a significant problem - flags where the design isn't centralised such as the American ones would end up with the Stars in the wrong place. Quite honestly I haven't thought of the solution yet, unless you might want to save and open the flags in MSPaint and using 'Image Attributes' reverse the image horizontally. That should give you 'the other side' but as I said it will only work on the flags where the image is perfectly balanced, so some of the flags would work but not others. If someone could scan both sides of the original flags I'd have a better idea what I'm working with. It's been bloody difficult designing these without actually having any lego on hand to compare and work against. |-/

Thanks for some more great flags, Whipstick *y*

If it's not too much to ask, could you make Black Bart's two flags? Thanks *sweet*

I shall certainly look into it though I will be away for the next few days so perhaps only in a week's time. If I'm able to do them I'll add them into this thread.

Also, seeing as you are new and I should have noticed before... *slaps self on wrist with riding crop*

Welcome to the forum Captain Cavinano! Always nice to see another Lego Pirate enthusiast join the ranks. :-)