Sign in to follow this  
Axle

My Pirate Film!

potbstcobfthumbnail.png

I thought it was actaully quite good compared to all my other films.

Now I have good lightng and better quality and a Black seas Barracuda. *wub*

Tell me what you think!

Edited by Axle

Nice to watch but I was a little muddled by what was going on. Every lego pirate movie is gold however because I recognise how long and arduous stop-motion animation is. Don't let my comment discourage you from making more movies as with enough practise I'm sure the films will get better.

Uh, when he said "Hello sir" he hit the steering wheel and the man fell over. When they touched the gold the boulder.... thing was released. In my next pirate film it'll probably have a sea battle.But since I have only one imperial soldier :-( It will be pirate v.s pirate, thanks,Col.Whipstick!

Uh, when he said "Hello sir" he hit the steering wheel and the man fell over. When they touched the gold the boulder.... thing was released. In my next pirate film it'll probably have a sea battle.But since I have only one imperial soldier :-( It will be pirate v.s pirate, thanks,Col.Whipstick!

Nothing wrong with pirate vs pirate, if anything they were scumbags so they are very likely to have had disagreements about command and turn on each other or compete with each other over prizes etc. I'm just posting some pirate flags if you wanted to present two different pirate fractions.

We always tend to show pirates fighting imperials... in reality pirates would have avoided fighting the navy any way possible so really the pirates attacking imperial ships and forts in most the lego movies is a good stretch of the imagination in the first place.

Lol! I think I will Use your flags for the other pirates ships. now all I need is decaling paper. :)

A poster image would be really benefit for the first post of this thread...

As for the film itself...

Stop motion animation is challenging and takes years of particle to master so you're very brave to attempt this. Admittedly I don't have the patience or dexterity for this kind of animation and I don't think I'd be able to create something like this myself.

I don't know what that sound is at the beginning of the film is, whether is supposed to be the sound of the ocean or if it's just static. Whatever it is it's really really distorted and annoying so I'd recommend removing that ASAP because it seems unnecessary. Ditto with the "crunch sound effect (or is it the microphone being bumped) at 0:29 seconds.

From then on the film flows nicely to the tune until the "Soon on the Black Sea Barracuda" text appears. The transition effect seems a bit abrupt and the music probably should also fade out before the text appears, otherwise the doesn't film flow well into the next scene.

It would be nicer if the endfilm end by fading to black and the music faded out otherwise it just seems to end without warning. Also the titles are a bit difficult to read, particularly when there are lighter colours in the background.

Nonetheless, the music works with the action (for the most part) and accentuates the comedic antics of the characters. Further elements of humour are added with lines like:

"Arrr we didn't get any treasure..."

"Ohhh... Ok..."

The film is a very good effort so you better be back for more adventures soon! *y*

In the next film I've made the titles more readable and here is a thumbnail for the first post:

potbstcobfthumbnail.png

I'll edit it into the first post.