Sign in to follow this  
marbleman

Upgrade smoking effect to my QJ locomotive

Since finished my QJ locomotive(http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133621#entry2572918), I begin to plan upgrade smoking effect. At beginning, I plan to use smoking device always used on train model but finally failed. It's not suitable to Lego train. Finally, I found a good solution. The secret is this device, Micro ultrasonic atomizer.

s00.jpg

Install it in my train, the circle board can be put in tender.

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

Here is final effect

s03.jpg

You can see from video, the effect is vivid. YouTobe is forbidden in China, I hope you can link the video in china site

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYwODIzMDEwOA==.html

Cool. Don't they use ultrasonic atomizers in aroma therapy machines too?

marbleman,

Only using water will be a definite advantage as the alternative uses paraffin wax which would leave a residue on your models.

3D LEGO

Cool. Don't they use ultrasonic atomizers in aroma therapy machines too?

Yes, but smoke is small used in aroma therapy. This is nomally used in humidifier.

Hello Marbleman,

congratulations for this solution! The generated "vapour" is less smelly and you also avoid the oily emissions produced by usual smoke generators.

Since finished my QJ locomotive(http://www.eurobrick...21#entry2572918), I begin to plan upgrade smoking effect. At beginning, I plan to use smoking device always used on train model but finally failed. It's not suitable to Lego train.

Could you please report on the problems you ran into when trying to use conventional smoke generators? Was it just insufficient voltage or current? I would be happy to learn from you.

Christian

Hello Marbleman,

congratulations for this solution! The generated "vapour" is less smelly and you also avoid the oily emissions produced by usual smoke generators.

Could you please report on the problems you ran into when trying to use conventional smoke generators? Was it just insufficient voltage or current? I would be happy to learn from you.

Christian

The Votage of the smoke generator I every used is higher than 9V, It's hardly drivered by lego battery box.

And the main issue is it special used for train model, you must install whole system into your lego train, my train haven't enough room for it. And the last, the price of the generator is more than $60, my device only $2 and no continious cost, water is free.

Edited by marbleman