CopMike

Creator Expert 10252 Volkswagen Beetle

Yeah, but that's east coast. Not Cali. ;)

Loving this Bug. It looks like it should be easy to make it a two-tone. I'd love to two-tone it white.

Should be super easy to make two tone! That was my first thought when I heard about this! And I am quite surprised that they didn't two tone in this set!

One thing I do wonder though... in this set they have included multiple printed pieces, including the VW badge which is great! But in the Ferarri set it was just stickers? I feel kinda let down slightly more now with regards to the Ferarri stickers :sceptic: Even though the Ferarri set is exceptional as well. Why printed pieces in this set and not the Ferarri I wonder? Considering the new part AND the many new coloured existing pieces, yet same price point, and a couple more pieces (negligible, admittedly).

The Ferrari F40 did have three uniquely printed parts (the windscreen and the two different curved slopes on the back), with stickers for all the other decorations. The VW Beetle set has the same number of unique printed parts (the logo tiles, windscreen, and towel), with stickers for the license plates, roof supports, cooler, and back window decals.

As for why LEGO printed the VW logo and not the Ferrari logo, the most likely reason is that the Ferrari logos on the F40 go on surfaces LEGO has never printed before (the top of a 2x4 curved slope and the narrow end of a 1x2 brick). This means LEGO can use equipment they already have to print the VW logos, but they'd have to fit their printing machines with entirely new equipment to print the Ferrari logos. Needless to say, the former is a lot cheaper than the latter.

Very beautiful. I am so look forward to get this and letting it join the ranks of Mini Cooper and Camper Van. No regrets of buying the first Bettle version.

I can't tell for sure, but is this in dark azure? If so, I can't wait because there will now be more curved slopes in dark azure!

I can't tell for sure, but is this in dark azure? If so, I can't wait because there will now be more curved slopes in dark azure!

Yep.

Not a car enthusiast, but this is a thing of beauty! Must have and possibly a day one purchase to add to my collection. The shaping and everything about it is perfect. To me, the best creator car so far. Well done to the Lego Designer.

I remember collecting toy beetle cars. I just loved them. I might just have to get this LEGO Beetle. It looks so good and i love the color.

LOL, anyone else notice the designer's name on the number plate? P51AK1

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

I'm not a fan of this it's not as good as the Mini but I'm glad so many people like it so that more vehicles will be considered by Lego in the future.

Going ahead and putting this with my 10248 Ferrari F40, 10220 VW T1 Camper Van, 10242 Mini Cooper, and Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (8169) would be THE perfect fit.

Finally a picture for the new Beetle, but I'm not too sure about what did I think about the Beetle yet. The new one looks better than the previous version, but some of the angles looks totally off for me (Espiecally the windscreen) .......

The Ferrari F40 did have three uniquely printed parts (the windscreen and the two different curved slopes on the back), with stickers for all the other decorations. The VW Beetle set has the same number of unique printed parts (the logo tiles, windscreen, and towel), with stickers for the license plates, roof supports, cooler, and back window decals.

As for why LEGO printed the VW logo and not the Ferrari logo, the most likely reason is that the Ferrari logos on the F40 go on surfaces LEGO has never printed before (the top of a 2x4 curved slope and the narrow end of a 1x2 brick). This means LEGO can use equipment they already have to print the VW logos, but they'd have to fit their printing machines with entirely new equipment to print the Ferrari logos. Needless to say, the former is a lot cheaper than the latter.

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up for me!

Am I the only one who thinks this "Beetle" looks more like a Citröen 2CV?

It's not spot on in my eyes...

Great and better than expected!

At first I was hesitant when I heard about the "surf" version, but it looks absolutely beautiful. And those curves are well done.

And here it is the 1 minute longer offical designer video, with the new pieces!

Edited by jura93

Come Beetle, come ! My other cars are waiting for you ^^

collec2015_2.jpg

OMG, the trucks...

Edited by hachiroku

Just wanted to point out that the main license plate isn't the only one with a designer reference—the Melbourne plates with "MEL-156" probably reference Mel Caddick, a Creator designer from Melbourne whose birthday is today (June 15, or 15/6 as abbreviated in many countries including Australia).

That's a complain that I've heard a lot, and it's not designer's fault. It's because the real cars are very similar.

I've heard this a lot too and I don't get it. The model looks far more like the Beetle than a 2CV - the headlights, hood and trunk shape and detail, windows, roofline, and fenders (not to mention the number of doors) are faithful to the VW and only somewhat similar to the Citröen. If someone built this model without saying what car it was, there would still be no doubt it's a bug.

I am very well acquainted with both bugs and 2cv's having driven both a lot, and i also don't get how this resembles a citroen.

The beetle looks absolutely lovely. Nicely round shapes, as a proper beetle should have, and it seems they got the interior pretty right too. I think the engine has even the same number of parts as the real one :wink: I was never happy with how the front looked like on the VW bus, but with the beetle they did everything right. I'm sure it will find a lot of buyers.

Escuse me , i'm french.

It's a citroen 2Cv for me and not New Beatle

Lego to do a error after Porsche set mecanique error :(

Edited by Nmapladem