CopMike

Creator Expert 10252 Volkswagen Beetle

From TLG:

10252 Volkswagen Beetle

Ages 16+. 1,167 pieces.

US $99.99 - CA $129.99 - DE 89.99€ - UK £69.99 - DK 799.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Head for the beach with the VW Beetle!

Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.

• 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.

• Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.

• Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.

• Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.

• Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.

• Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.

• Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.

• Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.

• VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

August 1, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

Officially licensed by Volkswagen.

27667634145_338c588322_b.jpg

27057204973_3996c37545_b.jpg

27567157132_26811ed4f4_b.jpg

27567155852_4b349c0ee5_b.jpg

27057202293_165d4f7705_b.jpg

27567156412_70a07d4f9f_b.jpg

27057203713_e44d3ce37c_b.jpg

27057203933_538308f925_b.jpg

27057206113_6cb8d54061_b.jpg

27667635655_936c50d752_b.jpg

27057207233_a9c4e30bd6_b.jpg

27057207673_82c7f9b117_b.jpg

27057208073_edee74f048_b.jpg

27667638095_4691a58c43_b.jpg

27057203193_4534bce809_b.jpg

This looks awesome! Certainly a bit more lively than the previous Beetle, and it definitely looks like it'll go well with the Mini and Camper Van (which now I want to get along with this..)

Lovely! :wub:

Looks like they give us more tiles for the extra license plates!

BTW, when were those pieces on the orange part of the tail lights introduced? I missed them

Edited by Kaanere

Is that one of the old Lego City car roof tops used under the front hood?

Didn´t knew that that part is still produced...

But there´s even the gap for the minifig´s head on it...

It's an updated version of the part, made for click hinges rather than the old finger hinges:

4552248.jpg

...when were those pieces on the orange part of the tail lights introduced? I missed them

This is part number 24246 (Tile 1 x 1 Half Circle Extended), currently only in white found in five of the series 7 and 8 Mixels sets. I noticed another in light bluish gray on the front of the Beetle, the signal lights on the fenders.

Well, as much as I hate this Californian surf/beach/sun theme, the car looks absolutely bloody perfect.

Great details, and so much better than the original LEGO bug. Colour: we hoped for a light-ish blue or off-white. Thanks, LEGO!

It's mine. MINE I say! MINE!

The 'wax' sticker is clearly a reference to this NSFW product :blush:

Need to make one of these stickers to add as well, very popular back since the 1960's, at least in New Jersey and the US East Coast.

150px-Ronjonlogo.JPG

Edited by JGW3000

PS @CopMike: You seriously got your dimension conversions wrong. :laugh:

Time to go metric!

• VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.

11" = 27,9 cm

10" = 25,4 cm

4" = 10,16 cm

15 cm = 5,9"

29 cm = 11,5"

12 cm = 4,7"

This thing looks beautiful, although as with the mini I'd be more likely to steal all the beautiful parts for MOCs. :grin:

The 'wax' sticker is clearly a reference to this NSFW product :blush:

Need to make one of these stickers to add as well, very popular back since the 1960's, at least in New Jersey and the US East Coast.

150px-Ronjonlogo.JPG

Yeah, but that's east coast. Not Cali. ;)

Loving this Bug. It looks like it should be easy to make it a two-tone. I'd love to two-tone it white.

Looks great. I may change the wheels to have the same size tires to match my T1 Camper set. Camper tires are the same size as the Bug's spare tire. :classic:

I have to say, I am impressed, they certainly have gotten most of the curves in the set which does look really good! Only the rear boot lid slightly niggles me as it just looks too flat still, but I can understand how difficult it is and appreciate they've done pretty much as best as can be done in Lego. I do think this has been done better to the true beetle than the mini cooper set was. Being a mini fan, I just didn't feel it captured the curves of the front end or the roof well.

One thing I do wonder though... in this set they have included multiple printed pieces, including the VW badge which is great! But in the Ferarri set it was just stickers? I feel kinda let down slightly more now with regards to the Ferarri stickers :sceptic: Even though the Ferarri set is exceptional as well. Why printed pieces in this set and not the Ferarri I wonder? Considering the new part AND the many new coloured existing pieces, yet same price point, and a couple more pieces (negligible, admittedly).

Edited by Fuppylodders

I'm liking this a lot. I don't have the MINI Cooper or The Ferrari (Although I want both.) but this may be a justifiable skip from the lineup, just so I can have both (recent) VW sets.

I actually have a second Camper Van set I bought at a thrift store for $10. Does anyone have any ideas on a cool thing to do with one? I've been trying to come up with a good idea. All I have in mind right now is power functions/remote control capability.

But I digress, this little car looks very nice. Maybe I'll sell my extra Camper to buy this... So maybe I didn't actually digress.

This baby is fantastic! As totally opposed to the earlier (too bricky) version of the past. Such a beauty... And with a beach mood? What not to love!

As totally opposed to the earlier (too bricky) version of the past.

Well, that was a completely different kind of set, a last one to be totally brick built without curvy parts and for that, I like it a lot. I have it, and it remains one of my center showpieces.

But I'm getting this one as well, very well done, Lego!

They did a great job on this one. My only concern, and it is minor, is that the tires are just too wide for a bug. They're supposed to be narrow pizza-cutter wheels and tires. Like I said, minor concern.

This is a beauty. Maybe i should stop buying sets with minifigs in it and start buying models like these.

PS @CopMike: You seriously got your dimension conversions wrong. :laugh:

Time to go metric!

11" = 27,9 cm

10" = 25,4 cm

4" = 10,16 cm

15 cm = 5,9"

29 cm = 11,5"

12 cm = 4,7"

Talk to the hand TLG. I think it's their ruler that needs an update

I love this! I`ve ended up with 6 copies of the CamperVan and guess I`ll do something similar with this beauty. Can`t get enough :wub:

Like many others I am like a child just before Christmas and cannot wait until I can order my VW Beetle and place it next to my VW Camper, Mini Cooper and Ferrari F40. I think I may explode with excitement when the Caterham Seven is released