Murdoch17

Lighthouse Point 31051 MOD - real life model

This model is a modified CREATOR set called Lighthouse Point. (set number 31051) I removed the light-up brick and as such changed the top of the tower, along with tweaking the inside details and adding a custom Lighthouse keeper out of 1990's mini-figure parts.

27037321294_82284bec43_z.jpg

The model has modular parts out the wazoo, with a whopping 10 building sections. (their was one one more module from the set, but I removed it before taking pictures.) The set also comes with a killer whale / orca. You may have also noticed I had a bunch of trans - yellow bricks from a Classic Space build left over. They made a good replacement for the light brick.

27037320904_4b8c176dc3_z.jpg

The inside features a table, lamp, and mounted instrument from the early days of sailing.... though this device measures where you are via the sun, so what is it doing on a stationary

lighthouse?

(The yellow chairs I added myself, along with the red soda can.)

27038451813_7aac64a5c4_z.jpg

The set contains 10 modules as follows, (in no particular order): Tower top with light, building roof, building proper, small dock, exposed small rock, exposed large rock, tower foundation, two red tower modules, and a white tower module.

27038454033_fbbf205dde_z.jpg

This cute critter comes with the main model of set 31051. His flippers move, his tail flops around, and his jaw opens to swallow fish.... or unwitting swimming mini-figures!

Thier is no LDD file for this build, but it shouldn't be too hard to recreate what I did, right?

Comments, Questions, and Complaints welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

To be honest I'm not sure what this topic is supposed to be? Is it a review? Does it show of a mod? If so, with all do respect, the changes are so minor, I had to look twice. I am all for sharing MOC's, MOD's and whatnot but this topic feels a bit redundant because of the minor difference between this and the original. Sorry, had to be honest.

To be honest I'm not sure what this topic is supposed to be? Is it a review? Does it show of a mod? If so, with all do respect, the changes are so minor, I had to look twice. I am all for sharing MOC's, MOD's and whatnot but this topic feels a bit redundant because of the minor difference between this and the original. Sorry, had to be honest.

I changed the light brick to trans yellow bricks and added a few bits here and there. Since their is no review yet for this model, I though i would show it off, and my mods to boot.... sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'd really love to have some alternate builds for this set. I'm going to try, but I'm not the best designer. I'd be happy with ANY alt builds, but it would be cool to have something other than a building/house. I know, that's asking a lot. I love the boat alternative that came with the set, but I'm greedy for more. :)