27035305524_e1f0873b33_o_d.jpg

Remington Red was once the greatest and most famous bard in all of Historica. He was well known for his talent across all instruments, but he favoured the classic lute when he sung his songs. His talent was so great, that it is said he could beat any challenger in a musical duel; however, this turned out to be more of a gift than a curse, and many other bards from across the country grew to despise him.

27035306374_deccfb06ec_o_d.jpg

Red's ego grew and grew until he started to get noticed by forces greater than himself. A great and powerful demon, Zoroaster Bombaster, challenged Red to a battle of the bards and, using his demonic talents and trickery, managed to beat the bard at his own game. The price for losing was his soul, and Red died soon after.

27035309684_6ef5cb7b9b_o_d.jpg

However, in Nocturnus, death is only temporary. Theophraster Bombaster, the half-brother of Zoroaster, brought the bard back to life as Remington Rot, in hopes that he would defeat Zoroaster so that Theophraster could take his throne.

27035307444_d0d6838f2b_o_d.jpg

Upon death, one generally finds that they lose their ability to talk- and despite no longer being under the ground, Remington Rot had no voice. Thus, he found himself in the swamps of Moruth in search of Baron Lonnidas, one of the few people he knew would be able to get him his voice back. After all, how could Rot once again become the greatest bard in Historica without being able to sing?

---

This is the start of the adventures of my sigfig, Remington Rot, and my first set of mocs for GoH! C&C is appreciated :)

Interesting introduction for your character :thumbup: I like the SNOT tiles used for wall sections in the last scene, and the little bridge is clever too :classic:

Very nice builds! I very much like the fig combinations! :thumbup::classic:

Excellent builds, Sunder! The wall texturing in the first build is superb and I like how you did the bridge in the second scene :thumbup:

The dungeon room packs a lot of nice detailing. Demon Zoroaster looks like one hell of an opponent, rocking that metal weapon (no puns intended :tongue:)! Btw, the title sets the mood perfectly. :head_back: Looking forward to the next parts of your story, Sunder! :thumbup:

"I'm the devil, I love metal..."

I don't know whether it is intended or not, the start of your story reminds me of the rock off challenge between Tenacious D and Beelzeboss from the movie :tongue:

Neat build and I really liked the story. We have lots of knights, thieves, wizards, rangers, farmers, assassins, traders and pirates in guilds, but bards are somewhat of a rare sight. It'll be good to see one in the guilds, especially one that is so famous :sweet:

Edited by Sorrelon

Very cool story and build Sunder! It's great to see more characters aligned with the creative arts. I love that demon, it has a lot of character for the scale. Reminds me a bit of Gene Simmons! :wink:

"I'm the devil, I love metal..."

I don't know whether it is intended or not, the start of your story reminds me of the rock off challenge between Tenacious D and Beelzeboss from the movie :tongue:

Neat build and I really liked the story. We have lots of knights, thieves, wizards, rangers, farmers, assassins, traders and pirates in guilds, but bards are somewhat of a rare sight. It'll be good to see one in the guilds, especially one that is so famous :sweet:

Oh, it definitely was intended. Tenacious D has been a pretty big influence on how I thought up Remington's story.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

That is one awesome story. I imagine Ben Stiller telling it in the storage room of a music store. Totally rocking Nocturnus style of stuff happening.