monoraildayspast

How to get 300-400 minifigs, variety, dups OK

Hello,

I'm going to an event that will have about 300 people. I'd like each person to be able to assemble one minifig to take home. Ideally, there'd be a bin each for heads, torsos, legs, accessories (or similar). Duplicates are ok, but there should be some variety so each person can feel they had a choice. The participants are about 50/50 male female - mostly 20's-40s.

I don't want to pay a premium for specific minifigs. I'd want to stay away from heavily themed (e.g. star wars) figs. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to go about this?

Other details:

timeframe is < 2 weeks.

I am located in Zurich, Switzerland

I will be visiting Legoland Deutschland soon.

If anyone has good advice on how to make this purchase with relative ease and minimizing chance for regret, I'd appreciate the advice. Thank you.

I'd say use bricklink and order the heads, torsos and legs separately so you you can pick a wide variety of parts. Throw in some hair and hats to make it fun. Find a local seller to save time and shipping costs. You can grab some minifigs at Legoland too. They may not have 400 on hand and you might end up with many duplicates but you would save on shipping. Another idea is to purchase blind bags of the Collectible Mini Figures and open them for parts.

Hello,

I'm going to an event that will have about 300 people. I'd like each person to be able to assemble one minifig to take home. Ideally, there'd be a bin each for heads, torsos, legs, accessories (or similar). Duplicates are ok, but there should be some variety so each person can feel they had a choice. The participants are about 50/50 male female - mostly 20's-40s.

I don't want to pay a premium for specific minifigs. I'd want to stay away from heavily themed (e.g. star wars) figs. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to go about this?

Other details:

timeframe is < 2 weeks.

I am located in Zurich, Switzerland

I will be visiting Legoland Deutschland soon.

If anyone has good advice on how to make this purchase with relative ease and minimizing chance for regret, I'd appreciate the advice. Thank you.

I don't have much advice, but id be interested in the Lego event in Zurich. I'm in Vaud, near Montreux so depending on the day, I could drive up.

Cheers

What is your budget? If you do not have any preference on the design / pattern of the heads and torsos etc, I would imagine BL is your best bet - try to look for somewhat local sellers with high quantities of cheap parts.

I agree with Sjaak.

Sorry we are not neighbors because I just sold massive bags of heads, hair and legs for very low prices. Spares that I don't need. Hope you found someone nearby to supply the parts. There are a lot of used figs on BL for very low prices. And the parts can be even cheaper if you can find someone local who has too many spares and maybe will even trade. Good luck at your event!

Why not contacting LEGO, depending on the type of event, they might support you.