Pakita

HOSPITAL MODULAR

I'm introducing hospital, my first modular building.

On the ground floor there are a reception and a small storage room.

On the first floor there are a surgery and an intensive care ward.

On the second floor there are an office, a toilet and a newborns ward.

The building is equipped with an elevator.

I used an ambulance from LEGO official set (60023).

Photos of the interior and some nice scenes on my flickr: https://www.flickr.c.../138380948@N04/

I hope you like it :D

27033973583_340f5c8ce4_c.jpg

27570036071_60ed094d2d_b.jpg

27544402652_903079613c_b.jpg

27544401152_f30072d60d_b.jpg

27570033131_f365581546_b.jpg

Edited by CopMike
Picture size fixed.

Looks very nice. Was this inspired by an existing building?

One critique I would offer is that the front windows and doors look a little over designed by the many different styles and colors of arches and curves.

This is excellent!

Really like the exterior, and the interior is done very well, too!

The overall exterior design is a refreshingly new take on the whole hospital business.

This is excellent - both inside & out. Love the use of windscreens for the baby cots!

If Lego released this as a set I'd happily buy it! Great work!

This is the best Modular Hospital attempt I have seen yet, and I have seen quite few. I absolutely love the old time feel of the exterior, I live outside of Baltimore, MD and both University of Maryland Medical Center, the first medical school in the US, and Johns Hopkins both have old time brick facades on their older buildings kind of like this. I think that you nailed it with having a reception/triage, operating room, recovery, scanning, and newborns ward. I have really been hoping that Lego will be introducing their own modular hospital but always worried that they wouldn't be able to include everything needed to make it a real hospital. With the addition of babies now available I thought this might be a clue to this set coming but that s another topic. Overall I think this is an absolutely wonderful set that Lego should be contacting you about right now if they don't make their own set. Have you ever considered putting it up on Lego Idea's? One thing you might want to think about changing is making your elevator about 4 studs deeper. I don't think you can fit your gurney and a minifig in there let alone a gurney, and you have the space to do so but the ambulance driver would have to enter through the front then (Just a thought). As I've said I think this is one of the best modulars I've ever seen and you should be really proud of cramming so many little things in there yet still having it look clean as a hospital should.

Smashing build!

I love the front, the fact that the roof is split into two parts and the "tunnel" for the ambulance.

Interior looks great too.

Keep it up, Pakita!

This is a very nice modular. I just wish it would be a little bit larger.

Very well done. I like the colors used. The design works really well. I think the arches might be a tad too much, but then again, it works pretty well here.

The interiors are crammed, but they work for the setting.

I have been wanting to do a building with that color scheme for a while thanks to Big Bang Theory set, but I hadn't considered a hospital. I think I will wait a bit to see if LEGO releases their own version before I build my own, but this is a great addition to the street. I may have to borrow some ideas here and there if I ever create my own.

Beautiful! I love the exterior; it's fantastic. Though it might be more of a clinic than a hospital- not too many patient beds in there! :tongue:

I saw this modular a while back and just spent forever poring through threads to find it again. It's time for a new project and this has been itching in the back of my mind for a while. It's just a superbly designed and executed hospital that doesn't stick out from official modulars. Perfect for any city that doesn't want/need a mammoth hospital.

I don't assume there are any LDD files for this, so I hope I can do this justice with my interpretation in the weeks to come. :) 

Great job! 

Wow! This is extremely well done! I love the exterior with the plants giving the building a little pop! Makes me want to build my own!

Amazing job!

-RailCo

Ok that is just fantastic. I love the carriage style entrance. The facade is really nice. And the interior details are perfect. You even put the toilet paper just out of reach of the toilet. You clearly have a deep understanding of modern Hospital design. 

On 27.11.2016 at 9:12 AM, Pickbricker89 said:

I saw this modular a while back and just spent forever poring through threads to find it again. It's time for a new project and this has been itching in the back of my mind for a while. It's just a superbly designed and executed hospital that doesn't stick out from official modulars. Perfect for any city that doesn't want/need a mammoth hospital.

I don't assume there are any LDD files for this, so I hope I can do this justice with my interpretation in the weeks to come. :) 

Great job! 

There aren't any LDD files, but instructions are availbale here http://www.ebay.pl/itm/302224571875?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649