Previously:

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

Part VI

Part VII

Log of Agent G: A simple mission: Scout out Sorn, Away from Kawashita territory. Those Kawashita troops shouldn't have been there, but they were. I stupidly took two rookies with me to scout around. The girl was excited and bright eyed when she came of the shuttle. The look in her eyes has changed now. We were doing some routine scanning of the local flora and fauna, when the hum and sizzle of a laser beam that has found it's mark reached my ears.

27598830066_9bdeb7c4b6.jpg

27598828376_1d7b0cbed2.jpg

The rookie had been hit square in the chest, and the blood that erupted in front of his frightened eyes told him that this would be his death, on a faraway planet, the only people around being strangers and enemies...

27598827496_2ec85f8cca.jpg

I dove for cover and started firing, and the living rookie followed my lead. We both tried to block out the screams coming from behind us. There was no saving him. To do so would be to doom ourselves, and not even the fastest med ship could reach us in time.

27598826126_18d3cc18f7.jpg

In the corner of my eye, I see a flash of red roll near our feet. My stomach leaps into my throat, but my mind quickly calculates what needs to be done and tells my body to do it. I grab the rookie and run for the mouth of a nearby cave, my feet slipping over vegetation but not stopping.

27598824956_7e0c4196a7.jpg

I throw both of us in, past spiders and cobwebs, diving as far in as I can, hoping beyond hope that this will work.

I close my eyes for what I pray is not the last time...

27632803575_b5e0be393a.jpg

BOOOOOOOM!

27632799825_259cc91976.jpg

BZZT"Mission accomplished, heading back to base, M.A.N.T.I.S. troops killed."BZZT.

To be continued...

C&C much appreciated!

Edited by Mr Greeble

The progressive shot of the combat is well done. Smart using the red flowers for gunshot wounds.

Thanks! I'm messing around with telling my story with more pictures.

Nice simple build, and cool action and gore! Hope he and the rookie made it!... and considering the emphasis on spiderwebs... Curious to see how that progresses.... :look::devil:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Nice build! And great action shots!

Thanks!

The judges awarded you 4 points.

Thanks, judges!

Nice simple build, and cool action and gore! Hope he and the rookie made it!... and considering the emphasis on spiderwebs... Curious to see how that progresses.... :look::devil:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks! Your eyes must be tricking you.........

I remember seeing this one before but forgot to comment on it. The scene is well built, but my favorite is how the pictures tell the story. :thumbup: I see now how the next week fits in with it...