wooootles

MOC: Azure One Hotel & Suites

Very much like the exterior color scheme and overall facade design. The glass gives it fantastic realism. It's got style!

Beautiful skyscraper, I especially love the way you dealt with scale and proportions here. It's in fact the further development of a modular building as a highrise. Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks very much for the support, everyone! It was a blast at Brickworld 2016! The building was a hit! Between manning the show and walking around Chicago and the 10 hr drive back, I am flat out tired! But I came away with inspirations and goals for next time.

This is amazing! I've always thought about building a skyscraper too, but never had the parts :sceptic:

Took me 5+ years planning this thing and 9 months bricklinking it slowly :sweet:

I am going to Brickworld this weekend. Stoked to see It In person!

I hope you liked what you saw! There are some legit insane creations there, I hope mine made an impression as well!

Wow, I love it. I rarely comment here but this blew me away.

What are the light grey panels in the suite (eg. the 1x4 stack beside the bed)? Blinds? Walls?

They are supposed to be blinds; it's really for the exterior to give the facade a more realistic look as if different people actually live in the building.

What a wonderful creation. Absolutely spectacular.

If I was a mini figure, I'd want to stay there! :)

Good luck with the display and I hope the transportation goes smoothly for you.

The building itself was fine! It just got a little scary stacking the thing on a table :grin:

I think the tall white sides make it look more interesting than if it were all trans blue panels.

Thanks! Changing up the facade is a favorite building style of mine!

There are some floors that I still want to show, but expect it in the future! I think the next thing I will upload is my actual layout on Brickworld, once I finish unpacking.

Thanks again, everyone! Just follow my username 'wooootles' both on flickr and instagram!

Are all the room furnished?+ How long did it take to build?

Just the three shown so far. The exterior is show ready but I'm still trying to finish up the sky lounge (top floor) and the gym (3rd) :sweet: Started since last September Edited by wooootles

the only thing that could make this better would be either the entire thing opening doll house style, or each floor hinging open as opposed to removing floors.

Thanks guys!

I admittedly took a break from all the building since Brickworld 2016, and I've started to build the next one just recently :classic: Hopefully I can also continue to finish some of the interiors along the way!