CopMike

[PORSCHE] LEGO Technic Porsche of Your Dreams

To be honest; I have no idea. I think we need to wait for TLG to announce them, but I'm not sure.

You are doing the mighty spyder too?!? As a question, how are you doing the roof? And what scale? I'm doing it in a 1:10.54 with the majority of detail focused in the engine.

i entered with my ultimately playable version of 42056 with this description:

The looks of the Porsche 911 are timeless. It's what's inside that evolves continuously. The same is true for the 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set. Hence this ultimately playable version.

Response from Rebrick contest:

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your entry into the Build the Porsche of Your Dreams Contest, as it is not an original model you created yourself. Only unique models designed and built by participants are edible in the contest.

If possible, you can still build a unique model and submit it into the contest before August 1st. If you feel there has been a mistake or have further questions, please contact us at ReBrick@lego.com.

Sorry for the trouble,

Apparently it's a contest based on 'what something looks like', not on 'how something functions'. Has little to do with Technic in my opinion.

Edited by Didumos69

I think you misunderstood the contest. Its about building your OWN Porsche with technic looks and of course with functions. It is stated in the rules. The looks is really important because you must understand the Porsche design lines and so on. So is not fair that you enter with the same Lego Porsche.lol.

If you wanna enter just modify the body and create a different model. (I remember how an EB user created a 918 based on the 42056)

Edited by Jonfensu

I think you misunderstood the contest. Its about building your OWN Porsche with technic looks and of course with functions. It is stated in the rules. The looks is really important because you must understand the Porsche design lines and so on. So is not fair that you enter with the same Lego Porsche.lol.

If you wanna enter just modify the body and create a different model. (I remember how an EB user created a 918 based on the 42056)

I guess you're right. And when I think about it I also understand why they do not accept entries that look like an original set. Anyone could claim having redesigned what's inside.

To be honest I didn't really look into the rules. If I would have looked into them I would probably not have bothered in the first place. I still think it's a pitty the contest is mainly about looks and not about Technic. You can't tell a Technic story by uploading 5 images. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, I'm not really disappointed. Luckily, I didn't make my ultimately playable version just for this contest.

Edited by Didumos69

i entered with my ultimately playable version of 42056 with this description:

The looks of the Porsche 911 are timeless. It's what's inside that evolves continuously. The same is true for the 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set. Hence this ultimately playable version.[/

At least you'll give everyone at Billund a giggle

Anyone could claim having redesigned what's inside.

[...] I still think it's a pitty the contest is mainly about looks and not about Technic. You can't tell a Technic story by uploading 5 images. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, I'm not really disappointed. Luckily, I didn't make my ultimately playable version just for this contest.

I'm totally agree with you. 5 pics and 1 min video is not enough to show and prove all the features. just MHO

Oh well, fortunately Im not a judge hehehe.

About you mods, don't worry. We really appreciate you work and dedication :wink:

Edited by Jonfensu

Hi Jim,

are you able to advise if the pictures submitted can be edited to 'lego-style' to show functions? Eg. this was allowed in the [MINI] contest - by showing some in-set boxes like the back of the box, colored arrows and such.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a function that isn't normally in a vehicle, and wanted it to be clear.

CharlieBravo.

At least you'll give everyone at Billund a giggle ������

Well, I'm planning a model "loosely" based on the 911 that is smaller (roughly 1:10 scale) than the 42056, but with about double the functionality (8 speed gearbox, better suspension, folding roof, 4-wheel steering, possibly suspension tuning controls). I bet that'll give the 42056's designers a little shock...

69 entries... Impressive... Seems like the chances to win are decreasing drastically :cry_sad: ... For the members, Who do you think that will be the winner?

69 entries... Impressive... Seems like the chances to win are decreasing drastically :cry_sad: ... For the members, Who do you think that will be the winner?

I think the Porsche 906 50 years Anniversary edition will win, but my personal favourite is the 550 Spyder by Victor Imaginator.

There are so many good entries that I couldn't possibly pick one. I went into this contest thinking that the functions in my planned entry (now submitted) would be at least enough to get a runner-up prize, but with over 70 entries, many of which are top-notch MOCs, I doubt my chances :P. I just hope that the judges give at least as big a weight to functionality as they do for looks.

My favorites are the 550 by Victor, the Carrera GT by Fanny Lover, the Super Tractor by Kit Fisto, the 919 by Charbel and the 917K NO23 by thomaszettl3240 (Not EB member). They deserve to be in the top 10. I said that because TO ME,there are two that will fight the first place. The 718 Boxster of MrTekneex (It looks really good and has more functions than any other entry)

and the 919 Hybrid by MBPN390 (it looks so accurate, though there aren't many impressive functions like other entrys, check his entry in the Rebricks page) Edited by Jonfensu

for me, so far the best one (by far) is small, cute, lovable, totally original Didumos69's Small Porsche 911 GT3 Rallye.

Based on the math of 7.8mm per stud, it seems closer to H25, L76, W38. Does this look right to others?

You are dead on with that, we almost maxed out on our nearly 1-6th scale entry, it does give you a lot of room to play though!

110_1_L_porsche-911-turbo.jpg

For 911 not so much change in 40 years, so unless not a 911 I can't imagine anything wildly different.

That is good otherwise your dream Porsche can become a Panamera nightmare.

They went with the same chassis from 65-95 with only minor tweaks each year but all had the same roofline. They are the kings at keeping up a traditional look :p

Jim I have a question. Since there are some entries that represent the same car, how will you judge them? Only one will be chosen? Or It doesn't matter (?)

Edited by Jonfensu

Jim I have a question. Since there are some entries that represent the same car? how will you judge them? Only one will be chosen? Or It doesn't matter (?)

Most of them represent the same car...a Porsche :laugh::wink:

Just kidding of course. Same model doesn't matter, although one could lose some points for originality. There are five criteria to judge the model. No further restrictions on same models or something.

They went with the same chassis from 65-95 with only minor tweaks each year but all had the same roofline. They are the kings at keeping up a traditional look :p

So true!

Guys, I´m sorry about the others, but this one (1963!) is my very favourite :cry_happy::wub: : http://www.moc-pages.../moc.php/431163

It has been blogged on TLCB (still not submitted at rebrick) and I don´t know if the designer is member here on EB...

14698638062_SPLASH.jpg14698638084_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by brunojj1

Community voting/judging should take care of that, everyone on here will spot crowkillers porsche a mile away for instance.

It's happening :laugh: (Though it has small and cosmetic changes)

Edited by Jonfensu