CopMike

[PORSCHE] LEGO Technic Porsche of Your Dreams

If I build in LDD, can I make renders with other softwares, or it's not allowed?

Are power functions (motors, remote control, leds, etc) fully allowed?

Edited by Mbmc

Hmm, i might try my hand at a pull-back powered cayman, no chance of winning, but its easily doable, and i dont have anywhere near the parts for a supercar scale entry

If I build in LDD, can I make renders with other softwares, or it's not allowed?

Are power functions (motors, remote control, leds, etc) fully allowed?

Not sure about the first one. As for PF, that's fully allowed. Apparently even MINDSTORMS parts are allowed - I might use some of those...

LDD itself doesn't make good looking pictures, it's a very basic render, and I think isn't competitive with real photos. I can't imagine LDD mocs withput proper renders (pov ray, bluerender, etc.). Jim, or anyone from the team, do you know, what's allowed in case of LDD mocs?

I think it's a bit disappointing that people can enter with existing MOCs. I know it's hard to enforce for a global contest, when you don't allow it. But it somehow ruins the fun a bit.

Does the model needs to be an existing model, or can it also be a fantasy based model ( that would look if it was made bij Porsche )?

And will the second option highly decrease my chances?

I've just got a badass idea for this contest >:)

38 studs is the width, right?

I think it's a bit disappointing that people can enter with existing MOCs. I know it's hard to enforce for a global contest, when you don't allow it. But it somehow ruins the fun a bit.

Community voting/judging should take care of that, everyone on here will spot crowkillers porsche a mile away for instance.

Community voting/judging should take care of that, everyone on here will spot crowkillers porsche a mile away for instance.

I don't mean that someone else will enter with Crowkillers' Porsche. I am talking about Crowkillers entering with his own Porsche (for example). Meaning that some of the MOCs get dusted off and entered in the contest. That doesn't feel right.

I don't mean that someone else will enter with Crowkillers' Porsche. I am talking about Crowkillers entering with his own Porsche (for example). Meaning that some of the MOCs get dusted off and entered in the contest. That doesn't feel right.

Ah got you, yeah, just checked rebrick.com, and the first entry on the list is a 917K which dates back to last year. From the names it looks like the original builder entered it, but it is indeed a bit low effort to enter an existing model, nothing more then dragging up some pics and filling in the form..

This could be policed to some extent by the first round judges, but only when the moc has been posted online before.

I happen to know one of the judges :laugh:

(actually I know all of them)

Contest is all about buidling your dream Porsche; not building an existing Porsche. So hopefully there will be enough "Dream Porsche Entries".

My dream Porsche has an RC buggy motor inside,just need to get a reliable power source. Also it isn't something you will find everyday

About being able to enter with an existing MOC. I don't really mind it. Let's say you have once built a fantastic looking, feature rich, Porsche that you are really proud of. It took you a lot of work and effort to make. It would be a kick in the teeth if you could not enter that for this contest. It does not devalue your efforts.

Although, as I was typing this, I thought of another downside. It will be unfair towards people that only started when the contest was announced. They have a limited time to build their entry, while an existing MOC could have taken years.

I kind of compare it with EB contest, which I shouldn't.

Still, I am not sure about people entering with a pre-made 911 or even with a newly-built 919 Hybrid (which on itself is a great MOC). For me the contest is about creating your dream Porsche, which I associate with a non-existent model. But when you interpret "your dream Porsche" correctly, it can of course be an existing one. Although I would definitely favor a new concept.

Still, I am not sure about people entering with a pre-made 911 or even with a newly-built 919 Hybrid (which on itself is a great MOC). For me the contest is about creating your dream Porsche, which I associate with a non-existent model. But when you interpret "your dream Porsche" correctly, it can of course be an existing one. Although I would definitely favor a new concept.

I agree - I think a concept Porsche or a mix of several different Porsches (that's what I'm planning on doing) would be better than recreating an existing car, but I guess if they dream of driving it, nobody should stop them from entering it. I guess the judges will have to decide how much "dreaminess" they want in an entry.

Curious... I never had a dream Porsche until I saw the 918 Spyder (thank you Jeremy Clarkson) but would it be ok to customize it a bit to make have more for what its renown for or something along those lines and call it a 918 RS Spyder or a 918 Gt Spyder but still closely resemble the original just more muscle? Personally I don't think its right to enter with an old moc cause it doesn't show initiative for contest when there is a time restraint on it. I've already started cause I just liked the idea and its not a truck or machinery so this is new territory but so far its 1:10 scale,4sp paddle shift (completely different to the Lego set just released, somehow mine works at the moment and is smaller) 4 wheel steering with both speed modes,bigger electric motors,lights, susp.........

That is a tough nut to crack.

Personally i think i lack the creativity to build my "dream car" and make it a proper porsche at the same time. (especially since i mostly dream of Ferraris :D) When it comes to dream porsches, i think a hot cayman (GT4?) comes closest, engine in the back, but in front of the rear axle, two seats and a nice sportscar around it. I have trouble modifying that formula without straying very far away from porsche's DNA.

Or maybe a reinvented 924... that'd be nice.

Actually, I have contacted TLG about this matter. And the answer is simple; they like to see non-existing models, but they are perfectly cool with having existing models too. The existing models might score less when it comes to originality, but they probably score high when it comes to brand recognition. So, we will judge accordingly!

110_1_L_porsche-911-turbo.jpg

For 911 not so much change in 40 years, so unless not a 911 I can't imagine anything wildly different.

That is good otherwise your dream Porsche can become a Panamera nightmare.

Basically, you are allowed to enter with any car, so it's no problem at all.

I have not really been interested in this contest but can you use non-lego parts? I'm guessing its no but was just asking.