CopMike

[PORSCHE] LEGO Technic Porsche of Your Dreams

From TLG :sweet: :

We’ve partnered with Porsche again to invite you to create the Porsche car you’ve always wanted using a mix of LEGO Technic and LEGO system bricks. Show off your dream car using photos or even with a short video.

The contest runs until August 1st at 10:00 a.m. CET, after which a panel of guest judges (who you might know) including: Eurobrick’s Jim Van Gulik, Fernando de Carlos of Sheepo’s Garage, and TechnicBRICKs’ Fernando Correia, will select 20 semi-finalists. These semi-finalists will be reviewed by members of the LEGO Technic team to find 9 runner-ups and 1 grand prize winner. This grand prize winner will win:

• a trip to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart Germany
  • a full tour of the museum
  • one 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • one 911 limited die cast model of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS scaled 1:18
  • a certificate of winning

Runner-ups will also win a 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS, a 911 limited die cast model of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS scaled 1:18, and a certificate of winning.

http://rebrick.it/technic

This should generate lots (hopefully >= 20) variants of set 42056 that should increase the rebuild value of that set :).

If it's not Sheepo it is Madoca :classic:

Let's see what he can do with system bricks :classic:

As I understand - You can build Your dream Porsche, so it shouldn't be existing.

Did you notice how the actual rules don't state it needs to be a Porsche car? What I mean is, who will be the first to submit Tiger (P)? ;)

This should generate lots (hopefully >= 20) variants of set 42056 that should increase the rebuild value of that set :).

Agreed.... also, with all the improvements I think are being made I think this is an excellent set to purchase. Perhaps it has its many shortcomings..... but it sure is turning out to be a fun project to modify and alter.....

As I understand - You can build Your dream Porsche, so it shouldn't be existing.

What if your dream Porsche is a Cayenne?

Did you notice how the actual rules don't state it needs to be a Porsche car? What I mean is, who will be the first to submit Tiger (P)? ;)

When I read the rules for the first time I had the same thought:)

I thought about that or a maus... Though I don't think the designers would like it, Though I could enter my Tiger P or Elefant into the contest as a joke. :laugh:

But it is my dream Porsche... Who wants some silly run of the mill supercar, when you can have a one of a kind 188 ton monster that has worse fuel efficiency(7.2 gallons per mile) than a diesel-electric locomotive.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Funny part is, I don't see what basis they would have for rejecting your entry under the current rules.

Considering that 42056 is part of the grand price, I think their intention is for people that do not own that set yet to win. It would not make sense to give the set as a reward for someone that submitted a variant of it.

Funny part is, I don't see what basis they would have for rejecting your entry under the current rules.

it says it should have a Technic feel to it... all studded models with lots of functions. I don't think it says anything about when the model was built, as that could reject it, as they are both about a year old.

I think this would be enough to reject the model

"Your entry must clearly represent Porsche brand design"

... or the greedy Ferdinand Porsche of WWII, I don't think that is the porsche design, I think they must have put these vehicles in their past.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I'm not sure that "all studed" exterior is what the contest about.From the comments on rebrick:

"REBRICKADMIN

hi @YOP1172 You can use a mix of system bricks and LEGO Technic parts, but keep in mind that "Overall LEGO Technic look and feel of the model" is one of the judging criteria, so your model might score lower on this point during judging."

So, by entering a contest with all studed exterior you basically fail th "technic look" criteria.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

There will be some cool entries...

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

From TLG :sweet: :

I might have a go at this one if I've got time...

one 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS

I read this bit too quickly and skipped out the underlined bit. Guess I got too hopeful about the prizes...

Hmm. The contest is open to LDD entries too.

"Unfortunately" I'm not unemployed nor a student, so I don't know if I'll have the time to do anything. But allowing LDD gives some hope.

The contest is open to LDD entries too.

Oh lawd I'm suddenly interested FOR SOME REASON

Guess I got too hopeful about the prizes...

Think of it as a luxury parts pack!

Think of it as a luxury parts pack!

I meant that initially, I read it as just a Porsche 911 GT3 RS (the real one). Don't think LEGO's competition budget stretches quite that far. Although a ride in one would have been a cool prize...

I actually AM a student... I think as an engineering major, I have LESS time than someone with a regular job, what with 20+ hours of homework in a regular week.

Hmm. The contest is open to LDD entries too.

"Unfortunately" I'm not unemployed nor a student, so I don't know if I'll have the time to do anything. But allowing LDD gives some hope.