Sign in to follow this  
Silly_donkey

Lego alarm clock minifigs

I'd like to make a mold of the big alarm clock minifigs, so I'm wondering if hair, hats or helmets are removable? And by removable, I do mean by force if necessary! I'd like a generic cast, and the mummy is the only one that comes without something on its head. Anyone have experience with removing accessories from the head of these big minifigures?

As far as I know the clocks do not have removable parts. For example, the Boba Fett clock is wearing a helmet, but the helmet and head are one piece - there's no head underneath the helmet or anything.

If it is for a mould of a big fig I know the construction torch fig has a removable hat, no force necessary.

If it is for a mould of a big fig I know the construction torch fig has a removable hat, no force necessary.

I forgot about those. My search only brought up the smaller led flashlight. The led dynamo torch is a smaller size than the clocks. But I did find the lantern, which is similar to the alarm clocks. But are the lantern figs arm stuck in the up position? That might not be a problem if I can adjust them for the mould.

Not too sure about the lantern fig. Mine is the battery construction worker. I also struggled to find info on it before I bought it though and I haven't been able to add it to brickset.

That's what I was wondering. Do you know, in the case of Boba Fett, if its all molded as one piece?

Yes, the head and helmet appear to be one piece.

I like the size of the clocks and lantern mini figures. Or maxi figure? Or mega figure? I'm not sure what to call these. The led dynamo torch is a smaller scale, at around 7.5" high. I think I might go with the lantern minifig. Anyone have a lantern? Can you take the handles out of his hands?

It definitely does. It shows how the arms on the alarm clocks are pretty much scaled up versions of minifig arms. Useful for having multiple poses. I'm on the search for some affordable clocks and lanterns. I think the clock will be a donor for arms since the lantern looks like it's arms and hands are molded in place.

It definitely does. It shows how the arms on the alarm clocks are pretty much scaled up versions of minifig arms. Useful for having multiple poses. I'm on the search for some affordable clocks and lanterns. I think the clock will be a donor for arms since the lantern looks like it's arms and hands are molded in place.

Glad it was of some use! I saw it a while back when looking for a Galactus minifigure.

I got my lantern figure today. Took it all apart and found out I could take the handle holder out his hands. Also popped his arms out and shaved the tabs off that keep them locked in place. So now they rotate completely! Head turns too. I'm happy with him.