Sign in to follow this  
Naptown11

10218 Pet Shop MOD PLEASE HELP

Hello everyone, I am about to start building a mod of the Pet Shop. I plan on turning each building into 24 studs wide instead of the normal 16 and hopefully have enough spare bricks to also add an additional floor to each building too. The big question that I had for the community today is if anyone knows if you can fit the normal bay window on each side and the door in between them, this is not an issue on upper floors but you obviously need a front door to get inside. If anyone has attempted this or happens to know how many studs wide the bay windows are that would let me figure it out. Each window can have 10 studs in width since a door will only take up 4. Once I get this all put together I will share the pics with everyone. I also plan to make the Pet Shop sign actually say Pet Shop since it will now have the space. I've looked all over and can't find any examples of a 24 wide townhouse or pet shop. If I don't have enough bricks from the sets for an additional floor I will most likely brick link whats necessary since my Cafe Corner and Green Grocer both have an additional story. Thank you to anyone that can answer the 10 stud allowance for the bay windows.

I doubled my Pet Shop thanks to finding a second at a thrift store for cheap, but I'm not sure how one would make them each 24 studs wide. My apartment half is now 32 wide, and my shop half is still 16, but six floors tall.

I hope your plan works out.

I doubled my Pet Shop thanks to finding a second at a thrift store for cheap, but I'm not sure how one would make them each 24 studs wide. My apartment half is now 32 wide, and my shop half is still 16, but six floors tall.

I hope your plan works out.

I plan on adding a 8x32 plate to each building and then filling in everything between the walls. I already have the the 2nd and 3rd stories figured out, it's just the townhouse first floor that's the issue.

The bay window in the house is 6 studs wide. So if the whole thing is going to be 24 studs wide, the windows will only take up half the total amount of studs availiable, you'll have more than enough room to move things about and decide on a door placement etc

The bay window in the house is 6 studs wide. So if the whole thing is going to be 24 studs wide, the windows will only take up half the total amount of studs availiable, you'll have more than enough room to move things about and decide on a door placement etc

THANK YOU!! That was the missing piece of the puzzle. I will be sure to post here once its done.

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Wow, you certainly can't have something like that in a country with earthquakes like mine. :tongue:

Haha...after taking the picture i used the floors for 3 separate buildings.....:wink:

Nice Pet Shop high-rise, LS!

Actually I want to do a simple change from a Pet Shop to a LUSH cosmetics shop as a mod to my wife who loves shopping there. I've already created the LUSH sign in LDD...now to MOD the rest of the building.

Edited by Poisso3
Quote function did not work. Edited text to flesh out what I was originally quoting.

11 hours ago, Poisso3 said:

Nice Pet Shop high-rise, LS!

Actually I want to do a simple change from a Pet Shop to a LUSH cosmetics shop as a mod to my wife who loves shopping there. I've already created the LUSH sign in LDD...now to MOD the rest of the building.

Okay, that will look nice!! Looking forward to pictures when you finished you MOD!!

16 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Haha...after taking the picture i used the floors for 3 separate buildings.....:wink:

yes.. because we have so much earthquakes over here in The Netherlands :P

2 hours ago, SollX said:

yes.. because we have so much earthquakes over here in The Netherlands :P

As long as you do not live in the Groningen Area, you won't suffer from any earthquakes...but if you do... :pir-cry_sad:... (Note: in Groningen are many small earthquakes due to natural gas that is pumped out of the ground!)