filsawgood

RANCHER 4x4 or "how to modify the set LEGO 10248 Ferrari F40?"

Hi guys! Today I am pleased to present new MOC - RANCHER 4x4. The basis of this model was a completely new chassis, the creation of which took me almost two months. The model is based on the support frame mounted with its two L motors, and a small battery pack. To fasten the frame of continuous two gantry axles - which significantly increases the reliability of the transmission. Servo motor is mounted directly on the front axle. As I chose the stake so beloved by all, but it is quite rare on the Tumbler wheel - 81,6x44 mm. I think this is one of the best wheels from LEGO, along with 94,3x38 from the Unimog. And I'll show you how to use it to modify the set LEGO 10248 Ferrari F40 :)

Specifications and features:

Four-wheel drive, portal axles uncut;

Tires 81,6x44 (Tumbler)

2L motors - the drive motor;

Servo motor - steering;

3xLED - lights;

Small battery pack;

Modular design - a body attached to the chassis by 4 points;

Opened doors, hood and door body

12.jpg

09.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

01.jpg

Someone doesn't like Creator sets... :devil: Funny video, I enjoyed watching it. The truck looks great, all the details make it stand out. Did you take some ideas from RM8's truck?

Love the Ferrari mods :roflmao: . The tumbler wheels really look good. The Rancher reminds me of the hilux from back 2 the future. :thumbup: :thumbup:

this is much better than crashing LEGO with baseball beat and so on...

Nice rancher. Do you have any real car as inpiration?

Front reminds me this

2016toyotatacoma_600x400.jpg

Why without roof?

PLEASE destroy the Porsche next. Or maybe use the Bucket Wheel Excavator to pick up the remains and show which set SHOULD be the flagship :grin: .

I agree with TheMindGarage. Destroy the Porshce next. Great truck. Can it crawl well? It appears quite capable, as the Ferrari proved. Also, can we have an underbelly shot?

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

Great model, do You plan some off-road video?

Please do not promote that (and any) chanel with Lego destroying, the Porsche might have bitter taste, but doesn't deserve that tasteless primitive action.

PLEASE destroy the Porsche next. Or maybe use the Bucket Wheel Excavator to pick up the remains and show which set SHOULD be the flagship :grin: .

Here you are :)

After seeing that video I just want to cry on the inside... I know some people don't like the set but really?

Great model, do You plan some off-road video?

Please do not promote that (and any) chanel with Lego destroying, the Porsche might have bitter taste, but doesn't deserve that tasteless primitive action.

Agreed, that was a little scary lol, it's his money but still, this would be like someone destroying a famous painting.

After seeing that video I just want to cry on the inside... I know some people don't like the set but really?

Yes, taking the set into pieces is acceptable imo, but why would someone destroy the individual pieces

this is much better than crashing LEGO with baseball beat and so on...

Nice rancher. Do you have any real car as inpiration?

Front reminds me this

2016toyotatacoma_600x400.jpg

Why without roof?

"Toyotas....everywhere is toyotas" - these are your thoughts? :classic:

Thanks! I'm actually not tied to a particular model of car. In my head was rather a collective image of the American off-roaders 80-90 years. And I decided to remove the roof looking at the car:

i002083.jpg

https://www.youtube....9dOdxxY&t=4m58s

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Nice model though. Really like the speakers in the back.

Thanks! This idea with speakers I borrowed from this car. Everyone remembers this monster??

twinsitters1994xvidmovieextremeavi_003523153.jpg

Not to say that I am delighted with the Porsche, but it's too cruel :)

Someone doesn't like Creator sets... :devil: Funny video, I enjoyed watching it. The truck looks great, all the details make it stand out. Did you take some ideas from RM8's truck?

I love these sets, but I can't find them another application.... :wink:

Edited by filsawgood

That's going too far. It isn't the best set, but don't destroy the individual pieces! I was hoping that the Porsche would be a good challenge for the 4x4 (it's pretty heavy and robustly built) - I wasn't expecting destruction like that...

And now you can build your own Rancher 4x4. It is enough to follow the link to my blog here and download building instructions! Don't forget to share your photos of Rancher 4x4 if you build or modificate it. #rancher4x4

MelZAHMPUHI.jpg

YiTNDVJCj38.jpg

4sDKdTP0SkA.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Quick test: it looks pretty well on 94,8 balloon wheels too. :wink:

1280x720.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Quick test: it looks pretty well on 94,8 balloon wheels too. :wink:

1280x720.jpg

Nice :) but it's only looks good. Unfortunately, these wheels did not allow him to turn normal, especially at obstacles