I've updated the initial post in the thread with the final set info and images.

saabfan and whatsuptoday, well done, guys, and congratulations. You must be so proud and thrilled.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also, this set sets a new record:

• largest and most expensive Ideas set to date

... though I think there's a fair chance the very next set after this, the Old Fishing Store, will break one or both of those records (albeit "largest" only by piece count, not by height).

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Error correction

Props to Lego for having turned (for once!) a not-so-amazing MOC of a boring rocket into something better that I'd buy, and (even if it's mostly small parts) to release it at this nice price.
The way it's slope-tiled all the way up is perfect.

Anyone spotted new parts?

I've spotted:

-the so-called apollo(!) stud in gold (had to be added for the pun)
-flowers in DBG I think?

Wow. While I don't feel a need to own this personally, I am impressed. It looks really good in the pics and I look forward to seeing it IRL.

Congrats to the designers, and also to everyone who wanted this, supported this, and is now getting it. The wait has long but worth it.

I'm gonna figure out how to buy this. When I saw how tall it is my mouth dropped. I don't think I've dealt with any Lego sets that big before. Love all the details and how it can be separated into 3 sections. The minifigures are also interesting. Are they supposed to match the astronauts suits that were on the Apollo 11?

Also I don't know if this was mentioned but I saw this on The Brick Fan's post about this. The piece count is an Easter egg. That 1,969 piece count is also the year 1969 and that is when the Apollo 11 landed the first humans on the moon with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. Such a cool little thing for Lego to do which makes this more special.

It would be cool if Lego to send signed copies of this set to Neil and Buzz.

Edited by Tech Artist

23 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Props to Lego for having turned (for once!) a not-so-amazing MOC of a boring rocket

The original MOC is actually pretty amazing. There's a lot more to it than just a big cylindrical stack; it actually has some impressive functionality (which must be seen in a video to fully appreciate).

1 hour ago, Tech Artist said:

It would be cool if Lego to send signed copies of this set to Neil and Buzz.

Bit hard to do that when Neil Armstrong passed away in 2012 or so...

I also suspect LEGO's designers would rather get a signed copy from Buzz rather than simply give him one. Or maybe both.

There should be 3 microfigures. I know that only 2 of them went on the surface, but 3rd guy orbiting the moon piloting Command module was just as part of Apollo 11 as the rest. Shame that virtually nobody remembers his name. His name is Michael Collins.

11 minutes ago, J_C said:

There should be 3 microfigures. I know that only 2 of them went on the surface, but 3rd guy orbiting the moon piloting Command module was just as part of Apollo 11 as the rest. Shame that virtually nobody remembers his name. His name is Michael Collins.

There is 3 ;)

BTW, in case anyone is still wondering, LEGO has confirmed all the decorated elements are printed. No stickers.

This looks really nice. Would look great beside my Tintin moon rocket. By coincidence they have the same height!

51 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

There is 3 ;)

oh, really? I missed that then. My bad. Good, I am glad there are all 3.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Bit hard to do that when Neil Armstrong passed away in 2012 or so...

Didn't know that. His living family then.

57 minutes ago, J_C said:

oh, really? I missed that then. My bad. Good, I am glad there are all 3.

Just to assure you (from the ideas blog):

2957872-o_1bepvh0ss46j18n68e98f8p5vl-blo

Hey I don't know if this already been addressed but does anyone know how tall it is?

3 minutes ago, azog said:

Hey I don't know if this already been addressed but does anyone know how tall it is?

One meter / 39.37 inches.

6 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

There is 3 ;)

Okay, but something I've been wondering... won't that make it technically contain FOUR? Since trophy figs are small enough to normally be included as extras...

I sort of expect to see at least one person question that once the set is out, since the reason why extra parts are included in sets still isn't super well-known, especially outside AFOL circles.

My cousin works at Nasa... He's in!

I can see a lot of non-Lego people getting into this set, just due to the subject matter...

Have you seen the movie called 'Pontiac Moon'?:sweet:

Set the late 1960s, as USA awaits the Apollo XI mission to the moon, A father and his son undertake a fantastic journey of their own. Their goal is to match the distance from the Earth to the moon in a 1949 Pontiac Chieftain, which has an odometer reading just 1,800 miles short of the distance. If the calculations are correct, they will arrive at the Spires of the Moon National Park just as the astronauts land on the moon.

I saw that on Channel 9 in a small pub!

Ow wow. I wasn't really digging this whole Saturn V thing, but it is a beautiful set! All those details, and such. It gives me the feel i need this in my life. I want it.

Heck, even if one were a heathen who didn't care about an Apollo Saturn V model at all, this set would still be highly desirable purely as a parts pack, given how amazingly reasonably priced it is.

11 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Okay, but something I've been wondering... won't that make it technically contain FOUR? Since trophy figs are small enough to normally be included as extras...

I cant be 100% sure whether the sets included them or not but Bricklink doesn't show extras for either the Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll printed trophy in the QAR or the Avengers printed trophies from the Helicarrier.

So it seems like you don't get extras of the printed trophies , only the non-printed ones.