1 hour ago, Dragunov2 said:

A shame they didn't create some new parts for this model (Lego Ideas I know)

Really? For me this is about as close as you can get to a flawless lego set - what new parts would you have liked? 

It is more challenging to design a model with already existing parts, since you can't just design a new part when it is needed. Using already existing parts results in very clever parts usages, and I think it makes the final model more interesting. Even though new parts are interesting and exciting, lack of new parts isn't something that reduces the quality of a set in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, NathanR said:

Really? For me this is about as close as you can get to a flawless lego set - what new parts would you have liked? 

At the F1 engines, those grey pieces in front of them (those u need to turn), sometimes they don't stick together and leave a gab

Ah, I know the bits you mean, I think they are called the engine fairings (but I might be wrong).

I've not had any problems with them on my model, but I grant that;'s a weak spot of the design.  Still, it's a pretty ingenious solution given the inability to create new parts.

1 hour ago, Malthus101 said:

What do you mean?

how long is the set gonna be out of stock? its been months and months.

im pretty sure lego have a clear thought of how much demand there is for this set and yet are unable to start producing it again...

51 minutes ago, just_one said:

im pretty sure lego have a clear thought of how much demand there is for this set and yet are unable to start producing it again...

Too busy producing fictional spacecraft.

I saw it guys...with my own two eyes...

At a Barnes and Noble...easily only 5 feet in front of me...so close...

But it was behind the cash register on hold for someone :cry_sad:

Then I got anxious and asked the worker if they had anymore coming or any in the back and they said no, and the worker asked why so many people were asking about it! :laugh:

I’ve had the Saturn V page on shop.lego.com bookmarked. I checked it at least once a week since July until I saw one available. I ordered mine Oct 4th and received it Oct 9th. I was going to order another (yes, it is THAT good!!!) but they are out of stock again.  I put my review here of this set. 

Thanks for the heads up. I looked around and found it at RRP

Just got the confirmation email from electricbricks, the closer to an official LEGO shop in Madrid

It seems it is arriving to retail and I didn't hesitate in getting mine because shop.lego.com seems the most challenging site to buy it

I coincidentally found out that my Myer store (in Australia) was selling limited stock so I bought one straight away. As a bonus, I got a $30 discount through a promotion. I haven't opened it yet but certainly will be soon. The box was much bigger than I expected. 

So... there is a new Taj Mahal coming out (yeah wrong thread I know but.... it has more pieces than the Mil Falc so kinda relevant!)

It also casts doubt on the validity of collecting Star Wars Lego now as it can be assumed every 10 years it'll be re-realsed if popular.

Bah!

Edited by Malthus101
forgot a bracket innit

If you live in the US the apollo is now available on toy r us' s website!

28 minutes ago, azog said:

If you live in the US the apollo is now available on toy r us' s website!

so it is - limited stock it says - what the hell does that even mean? they found some more out the back or........ Lego can only produce like a batch of 10 every couple of months or something??

I was in Brighton Lego store on Friday , they had al least 12 in there on the shelves.  Already got one on back order through the on line store though.

TRU at Tea Tree Plus and Toyworld at Myer Centre have one in stock.

Same price ($169.99) at both locations. So this should me by xmas present for 2017 instead of the Technic 6x6 All-Terrain Tow Truck which has a higher price ($399.99)

Toy Corner now has it in stock for only $153.00!

Indeed, a Much Lower Price than at Toys "R" Us, Toyworld, Imagine If, etc! ;-)