6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What??? Seriously?

I just can't believe this, it makes no sense.  The set is clearly popular, judging by the speed with which it sells out and the number of people who seem to be struggling to find a copy they can buy.  I know the hype won't last forever, but Lego keeping this set in production is surely like printing their own money... 

Also a shelf life of just six months is simply ridiculous (assuming it does indeed make it to Christmas, which the article kind of implies it won't). Ok, I got my Saturn V on the day of release, but in general I feel I've missed out on a fair few sets, it's like they disappear before I've had a chance to get the money together to buy them, and then come back on the aftermarket at triple the price.  Am I the only one who thinks the shelf life of Lego products is getting too short?  

Edited by NathanR

Of course is Bullocks... And it reached TLG too, so they gave us this statement, which should calm down things (you do realize that rumors about set discontinuation always drive prices up, which of course suits some resellers).

Dear Ambassadors,

It has come to our attention that rumours have again surfaced claiming that the LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V has been retired from production. As communicated in our July 11 blog post, we would like to re-assure you and the rest of our fans that the LEGO Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set has NOT been retired and will not be retiring anytime soon either, as we wish to offer the chance for many more fans to get the opportunity to purchase a copy of the set. Although we fully acknowledge and understand the frustrations of our fans who have been waiting to purchase this set, please know that our teams are working tirelessly to ensure that the set will be available as soon as possible and therefore request that everyone only share information concerning availability from a verified source, such as the LEGO Ideas Team, the LEGO Shop or the LEGO Customer Service.

In the future, we hope that you, the ambassadors of your respective Recognised LEGO User Groups and LEGO Fan Media, will get in touch with the LEGO Ideas team through the LEGO Ideas sub-topic here on the LEGO Ambassador Network to verify such claims before publishing news of this nature, especially when unable to credit a source. 

We hope that you will communicate this information to your RLUGs and your Fan Media, for their attention.

Kind regards, 

Hasan on behalf of the LEGO Ideas Team

15 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

Of course is Bullocks... And it reached TLG too, so they gave us this statement, which should calm down things (you do realize that rumors about set discontinuation always drive prices up, which of course suits some resellers).

Dear Ambassadors,

It has come to our attention that rumours have again surfaced claiming that the LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V has been retired from production. As communicated in our July 11 blog post, we would like to re-assure you and the rest of our fans that the LEGO Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set has NOT been retired and will not be retiring anytime soon either, as we wish to offer the chance for many more fans to get the opportunity to purchase a copy of the set. Although we fully acknowledge and understand the frustrations of our fans who have been waiting to purchase this set, please know that our teams are working tirelessly to ensure that the set will be available as soon as possible and therefore request that everyone only share information concerning availability from a verified source, such as the LEGO Ideas Team, the LEGO Shop or the LEGO Customer Service.

In the future, we hope that you, the ambassadors of your respective Recognised LEGO User Groups and LEGO Fan Media, will get in touch with the LEGO Ideas team through the LEGO Ideas sub-topic here on the LEGO Ambassador Network to verify such claims before publishing news of this nature, especially when unable to credit a source. 

We hope that you will communicate this information to your RLUGs and your Fan Media, for their attention.

Kind regards, 

Hasan on behalf of the LEGO Ideas Team

It makes me glad to read this... I bought a rocket on day one, but I'm proud to see TLG making sure that everyone gets the sets they want and not catering to the desires of the resellers.

Its good to see TLG getting on top of this and making sure everyone knows that rockets are still rolling off the production line and will continue to do so for some time yet and that they dont need to succumb to the scalpers and their greed.

It is a good thing too that they will meet the demand for this set.  If they did not, you would only see more online problems the night of release and Black Friday style shopping at the Lego Stores every time a popular set gets released.  Maybe you wont have people renting trucks and driving to every store they can in order to clean them out and make a quick buck while everyone else waits weeks or months for an affordable one.  This is going to be one hot Christmas item, especially since there are a whole lot of people who would buy one if they simply saw the thing.  We may be fully aware of Saturn V, but not so much the typical shopper, because they are never on the shelves to even prove their existence.  

Finally received mine after backordering a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately the box arrived in perfect condition, I've seen that some received damaged boxes. 

After waiting the entire summer, I don't really want to complete the build in just 5 hours. I think I'll do one or to numbered bag per day. 

I went to my local Lego store to see the new MF on Force Friday and lo and behold they were putting some of these on the shelves. I grabbed one and cradled it in my arms prepared to fight people off but luckily it was pretty early in the morning :)

Sure, like Lego would miss the opportunity to sell tons of this in 1.5 year for the 50's anniversary :laugh:

Will recieve my copy in 2-3 days. I'm excited ! I will have a nice thing to show to my guests !

Edited by Madrigan

For those in Australia trying to find a Saturn V, keep looking, they ARE out there (I spotted 2 of em in the Toys R Us store at Westfield Garden City yesterday as it happens)

Somebody already found a solution for the bottom of the engines, those grey pieces which bend to eachother to cover the bottom?

I did hope it was a solid piece and two pieces which come to eachother...

It seems there is always a little gab between the two pieces or between the bottom and upper piece

On 9/7/2017 at 0:44 PM, jonwil said:

For those in Australia trying to find a Saturn V, keep looking, they ARE out there (I spotted 2 of em in the Toys R Us store at Westfield Garden City yesterday as it happens)

Toy Corner now stated that they would get more this October.

Finished mine today with a little mod at the top, just under those little rockets of the escape pod, placed a 2x2, so the assembly of those little rockets stay together if u remove it altogether

Toys "R" Us stated that there's some at the Noarlunga store.

I will check there as well as the Gepps Cross & Modbury stores.

Checked the Gepps X store and there was one left.

Both Noarlunga & Modbury stores sold them out.

Toyworld stated that there will be some arriving in October!

On 01/09/2017 at 1:41 PM, Dragunov2 said:

And maybe a rerelease in 2019???

With limited edition minifigures of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins!

Finally received mine, and completed building it, I think it was the most enjoyable build in a long time.