8 hours ago, valerie roche said:

Concerning all the information about this project, they are in the Main text of the project, at Lego Ideas.

I have removed your Ideas links. EB is not a site just for people to gain Ideas support.  Instead, you should post a topic in this forum regarding your MOC and allow us the opportunity to comment and provide feedback to your MOC. Oh, and share one link to your Idea project. Perhaps you should read all the information concerning this site in the Site Guidelines .

Also, the images you posted were too large and a smaller size from Flicker was used.  Image sizes requirements are also in the Site Guidelines .

Thank you,

Phred

Got it yesterday after waiting over a month, I kinda regret opening it immediatly when i got it. I should have looked at it better when it was closed. I always like the sound of closed lego boxes. Besides that I really wanted to continue building this set after it was done. Especially the second module which is by far my favorite section of the set. Each bag went by so fast. Some bags only took 10-15 minutes to build. So I am pretty sad right now I hyped for over a month only to have it build really quick. I recieved it 13:19 and only had 4 bags left at 16:35 with some breaks in between. Oh well I'll probably take it apart sometime and build it with labeled bags. :wink:

Its fun to pick it up and take each section of, although it does need a little bit of force to get the second module of.

Currently have it displayed above my desk. Great model and I hope it will become available soon, for those who still want to buy it. It feels strange, a few days ago I was still waiting for this set to get shipped thinking it would take another month. Next thing you know it's already build and displayed in my room.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:03 AM, valerie roche said:

Hello,

We are sending you this message to inform the Lego fans of the existence of the ideal complement to the Lego set 21309: NASA Apollo Saturn-V rocket.
This is the design of the launch tower: NASA Saturn-V Launch Umbilical Tower, scaled at 1 / 110th, identical to the scale of the Saturn-V rocket.
We, Emmanuel Urquieta (crew member and Doctor of space medicine at NASA) and Valerie Roche (co-designer of the Lego Saturn-v rocket), present this collaborative project at Lego Ideas: (link removed)

And, of course, we need your support at Lego Ideas so that this project becomes an official Lego set and will be available in stores ;-)
You can view images of this design here:

35369017480_f493af312d_z.jpg

Very nice! Though with the current availability (or lack there of) I think the focus needs to be on getting the Saturn Rocket set out to the masses before haphazardly producing another set that we can't buy!

Edited by Vestabuyer

Finally got a copy after waiting for 1.5 months, after watching "Hidden Figures" and "Apollo 13" movie, and reading 200 pages thick moon missions documentary book :O.

Now just need to delay opening the box and prolong the build as slow as I can...

Anyone here try and design a lunar rover micro figure scale?  Been thinking about black studs as wheels connected to a 3x2 plate.  Can't figure out how to get it all connected without going to big.  Would be great addition to a lunar module on the moon display.

On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, Dragunov2 said:

Watching the Lego Store also on a regular base.

Lego service told me somewhere in August

Mid/Late most likely.

David Jones & Myer will stock them very soon.

Patient, concentrate and reactiv we must have !

I will try not to miss it this time. Or I will have to wait till christmas/next year to display it in the living room :)

I was in a LEGO Store a few days ago to pick up the remaining minifigures I needed from Series 17, and while I was there, someone bought the last Apollo Saturn V set they had. Again. I think they're going to need regular restocks of this one for a while.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
fixing sentence

In San Antonio last week, there were a few on the shelves and several behind the counter, probably being held for customers.  

Apollo available for orders! Those of us who missed first batch (me included), have their 2nd chance now, maybe last one.

Mine is ordered, paid, so ready to build this ingenious piece of technology when it arrives!

Lego Ideas sets are always limited in numbers...

3 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

Lego Ideas sets are always limited in numbers...

Order and paid for, not sure where you get the idear that 'Ideas' sets are limited, like all sets the have a certain shelf life before they are withdrawn, but until now have never had an issue buying them.

I just think demand for this set outweighed everyone's expectations.

Spoiler
Spoiler

There's nothing in the spoiler, I just accidently click the button and now can't get rid of it :wub:

Edited by LucyCol

Already out of stock for the East Coasters this morning. I'm really worried I'll never be able to get one.

8 hours ago, karmajay said:

Already out of stock for the East Coasters this morning. I'm really worried I'll never be able to get one.

That's because everyone thinks the same and is panic-buying.  Lego made an announcement that they'll be making more, and sets would be available throughout 2018.  

Taking data from brickset.com, other ideas sets have had lifespans such as : Back to the Future (01 Aug 13 - 30 Dec 14), Wall-E (25 Sep 15 - 20 Nov 16), Dr Who (02 Dec 15 - 20 Nov 16).  So it's reasonable to expect an 18 month window of availability (i.e. Saturn V gets discontinued by end of December 2018).  

I grant you it's annoying to have to wait for it to be in stock, but I wouldn't be worried just yet.

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, HallBricks said:

The Saturn V is now available for back order at S@H. Estimated shipping date is September 6.

The site reads this now: Backorders accepted, will ship by 9 Oct 2017