Waited in line of 15 to get set when store opened (USA).  Purchase limit of 2 per customer.  They said they had enough to cover all of us in line, so that is at least 30 sets in store.

Edited by Heavy2600

Can I give a big thumbs up to the crazy bunch who camped Lego's website, had to wait an hour to buy the set and almost destroyed shop@home?

I'm sure the employees at the shipping center in Texas are all having a nice morning!

That's gonna be one heck of an hard set to find now, especially since the production was hinted to be limited. 

Edited by RetroInferno

I got mine this morning after lining up at the Calgary Lego store about 10min before opening. By then, I was 16th in-line, and there were maybe 25 by the time it opened. Someone came out when there were ~20 of us in line to let us know there was a limit of 1 each, but there's be enough for us all (got a cheer for that!) - they had an initial delivery of 20 but another drop of 50 or so was due to arrive in just a few minutes.

They let us in to the store in small groups. I heard one staff member say they were pretty sure they'd all be sold out today...

I grabbed this plus the 2 new SW battlepacks (First Order & Bounty Hunters). 

So looking forward to building this. Big-kid *yay* from me! :wub::blush::laugh:

Kudos to the Lego Store at Sherway Gardens [Toronto], which was really well prepared for the line-up of about 20 people when it opened. The manager and his staff had already put individual Apollo sets in bags at the checkout counter and simply had us line up at the counter to get a set [there was a limit for today only of one set to a customer, a very smart move on the manager's part]. I was in-and-out in ten minutes, and I was ninth in line. This left the display on the shelves untouched, and meant [as the manager said to me] the staff didn't have to keep replacing stock on the shelf. A superb job!

After buying my set, I went to do some other shopping in the mall. When I went by the store at 11 AM, it looked like the display was empty, and that the store had sold out, unless they were getting more in later today.

Can hardly wait to build this set as well!  :laugh:

Lego has already shipped mine out, although I live in Sweden and no where near a Lego store. There's one in Stockholm but I'm too far away from it, *waiting patiently*

9 minutes ago, canuckster said:

Lego has already shipped mine out, although I live in Sweden and no where near a Lego store. There's one in Stockholm but I'm too far away from it, *waiting patiently*

I am in the same situation. I ordered mine ASAP when I saw the form post saying that it was possible to pre-order. It has been been processed in Köln, Germany. I supposed that I can enjoy building on Monday. :) 

(Usually when I order from S@H I order on Saturday and it arrive on Wednesday)

Really hard to find any online stores selling this set. The ones that do have the set dont have any in stock or never had any in stock at all.

Gonna back order the set tomorrow, then I'll get one eventually.

Edited by larsy

Got one!

I've never been a first-day-buyer before, so I didn't know there would be people there early. When I got to the store they were sold out, but I made it to another store about thirty minutes away just in time to get the last one. 

I'm a giddy fellow.

Well crap, I wanted to order today but now the rockets will be shipped after July 5th instead of June 15th.

:(

Amazing. I ordered mine on wednesday night 9PM (the Netherlands) and it was already on backorder. No indication as to the delivery date.

Just now, DaFokka said:

Amazing. I ordered mine on wednesday night 9PM (the Netherlands) and it was already on backorder. No indication as to the delivery date.

Yeah it was on backorder really fast. I didn't even notice it went online already. Well going to order it I guess. Then I'll atleast get one in July. Instead of waiting for other websites to get them in stock.

I was able to order mine a little after midnight on June 1st here in the states. Looks like it is supposed to be here tomorrow! I definitely can't wait to build this gorgeous set.

I am honestly surprised that they are still accepting backorders though. I would say that is a good thing at least. Seems like it might help to prevent another Research Institute situation.

15 minutes ago, blackknightrises said:

I was able to order mine a little after midnight on June 1st here in the states. Looks like it is supposed to be here tomorrow! I definitely can't wait to build this gorgeous set.

I am honestly surprised that they are still accepting backorders though. I would say that is a good thing at least. Seems like it might help to prevent another Research Institute situation.

Did you order from Lego S&H?  I too ordered as soon as it was possible, which was about an hour after midnight in the US after the website recovered just enough to allow me to pay.  It still says "In Warehouse" for me though.  I am nervously awaiting for that "item is shipped" email or an indication it has done so on the site.  As for backorders, that is certainly better than the dreaded "out of stock" situation where it does not allow an order.  A limited production run would equate to a huge missed opportunity as the demand is obviously there.  I honestly think this can endure as long as the Death Star if Lego wanted to go there.  Some resellers who managed to snag some from stores are apparently having some fun with this.  Ebay is full of them right now for some fairly inflated prices.   It sometimes infuriates me to go to Brickpicker and read quotes like "I hope they only made one production run so we can unload for a pile of money" when there are plenty of people out there who just want one for enjoyment.  <end rant>  Anyway, I know you will certainly be waiting earnestly for the mail or Fedex vehicle.  

I ordered mine wednesday afternoon, after receiving a warning on a Dutch forum that the set was allready available at that time.
And sure enough, it was available on the Dutch and Belgian (where I ordered mine) webshops until 19:00 CET approx.

I received my set today, together with an R3-M2 polybag that came with the Darth Vader transformation set.

3 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

*snipped quote*

Yes I ordered from S&H. I actually was able to get on the website with no issues and had placed my order at about 12:20 I believe. I didn't even know that there had been website issues until I read that here. I got the shipping notification this morning. Hopefully you will get yours soon as well. 

I definitely agree with your thoughts on people selling for inflated prices just make a quick buck and to take advantage of a situation. Not something that I agree with at all which is why I don't buy from sellers who are ripping people off.

And yes, bring on the Fedex truck tomorrow!

woohoo, mine shipped today (Germany). I ordered when the shipping date was June 7th, but there was a problem with my address, so I needed to contact customer service. I gave them the correct address, but by then the shipping date was already the 15th. a nice surprise :)

Ordered Wednesday afternoon and less than 48 hours later... dingdong! :classic:

IMG_2622.jpg

Just had a look at the Brothers Brick review and the build process, this is a must buy for the very unorthodox SNOT techniques alone (in addition to being simply awesome subject matter). 

I'm very happy I got mine at the SCS when Felix Stiessen was there to sign the boxes. Never expected him to be that young. Amazingly talented.

I had the same issues with the Shop@Home site. Set went live and it took me 1.5 hours to finally get through. Once I bought it, it shipped and arrived in less than 30 hours... Wowsa!

I sure hope they don't have this issue with future sets (cough... millenium falcon... cough).

In looking around, it appears that backorders are no longer accepted on Shop@Home in the US. It says out of stock, but when I click on the set it goes to a page that says the link is no longer available... It appears that amazon, WalMart, Target, etc. are all sold out as well...

Anyone know if there will be more runs or was this limited to a certain number of sets?

Crazy to see the Saturn V being featured on sites like Ars Technica. Its going to be really big...:classic:

2 hours ago, thorin said:

In looking around, it appears that backorders are no longer accepted on Shop@Home in the US. It says out of stock, but when I click on the set it goes to a page that says the link is no longer available... It appears that amazon, WalMart, Target, etc. are all sold out as well...

Anyone know if there will be more runs or was this limited to a certain number of sets?

In the Netherlands Shop@Home it's listed as "Naleveringen worden geaccepteerd en worden verzonden na 11 Jul 2017", meaning it's on backorder with delivery from July 11th. So not out of stock yet, over here at least.

Meanwhile I'm now three-quarters into the build, and especially the SNOT-application is incredible. On the other hand - as is to be expected in a set like this and this size - building the curved sidewalls of the stages was a bit monotonous. Up until now a lot of the time was spent on SNOT-building stuff that will never be seen again when the set is finished. No complaint though, it's simply incredible how they got around making this set as sturdy as possible without adding tons of weight.

Strange enough at the Dutch online store the backorder seems to be switching from different dates. Sometimes when I look it's June 15th and other times July 11th

I know I sound selfish... But does anyone else find themselves wanting a Gemini/Atlas and a Redstone/Mercury rocket, etc. At the same scale so you can line them up and see the height difference?

1 hour ago, thorin said:

I know I sound selfish... But does anyone else find themselves wanting a Gemini/Atlas and a Redstone/Mercury rocket, etc. At the same scale so you can line them up and see the height difference?

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great to have Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan models as well. They'd be awfully small in comparison, though. If LEGO were to do this [and it seems unlikely; people remember John Glenn's Mercury flight, but even at the time, Gemini was quickly forgotten when Apollo began], they could put the two rockets in the same box.

NASA_spacecraft_comparison.jpg