Just now, jonwil said:

I cant be 100% sure whether the sets included them or not but Bricklink doesn't show extras for either the Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll printed trophy in the QAR or the Avengers printed trophies from the Helicarrier.

So it seems like you don't get extras of the printed trophies , only the non-printed ones.

But then, didn't Super Hero Airport Battle have an extra of the Ant-Man figure? There doesn't seem to be any consistent rule. :wacko:

If they pack 4 astronauts in there (1 extra), I'm going to burn the extra guy with some lighter fluid and matches.

4 astronauts in an Apollo mission... heathens!

FYI: I don't actually burn Legos.

I have the feeling it's going to be a very successful set indeed. It looks impressive, especially size-wise, speaks to many people and comes at a really temping price-point. TLG did a lot right here.

I saw this on the Lego Facebook page today and got really excited. I started to wonder if we were ever going to see it. I'm definitely getting two of them. Maybe even a third...:)

I am especially excited for this set indeed, the way it is designed is almost perfection. All I can say is that im glad I didn't get the silent mary because this is a way better set. I am also really excited about this because it is such an amzing leap in human history. Also I want to work for NASA in that future so it makes it 10X better for me.

$120 is awesome. 

When I saw the pictures and piece count, I thought it'd be at least $150.

Can't wait!

You all seem shocked at the price of this. This price per piece stuff is a myth. There is a lot of other factors than piece count that determines the production cost, and the retail price, of a set.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to getting at least one of this, it looks awesome!

Edited by Boromir

On 30/04/2017 at 9:28 AM, 22kane said:

I saw this on the Lego Facebook page today and got really excited. I started to wonder if we were ever going to see it. I'm definitely getting two of them. Maybe even a third...:)

15 were built in reality, 13 flew, 9 went to the moon, 6 landed on the moon. Why only buy 3 ;)

On 4/29/2017 at 6:28 PM, 22kane said:

It would not surprise me if they limited orders to one per customer/VIP number, at least at the beginning.  When Assembly Square made its debut on January 1, there were lines at the Lego Store before it opened, and they did not even bother to put them on the shelves knowing they would sell out very quickly.  They had them behind the counter and sold one to each customer in line until they ran out.  Anyone who wants a Saturn V on Jun 1 should either place an online order as soon as it becomes available or plan on being in front of the Lego Store early before its opening.  There is going to be a run on this thing, and we all know it.  

With that said, should someone be unable to purchase one before S&H goes to backorder or sold out and the Lego Store runs out, I have a feeling Lego is going to make more of these.  I do not see a repeat of Research Institute or Mars Rover with this one.  The outcry would be terrible indeed if they did only make one limited production run and this thing sold out before most people had a chance to eat breakfast.  I suppose the Toys R Us inventory will last a little bit longer, because no doubt they will charge what we all thought this would cost :wink:

30 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

It would not surprise me if they limited orders to one per customer/VIP number, at least at the beginning.  When Assembly Square made its debut on January 1, there were lines at the Lego Store before it opened, and they did not even bother to put them on the shelves knowing they would sell out very quickly.  They had them behind the counter and sold one to each customer in line until they ran out.  Anyone who wants a Saturn V on Jun 1 should either place an online order as soon as it becomes available or plan on being in front of the Lego Store early before its opening.  There is going to be a run on this thing, and we all know it.  

With that said, should someone be unable to purchase one before S&H goes to backorder or sold out and the Lego Store runs out, I have a feeling Lego is going to make more of these.  I do not see a repeat of Research Institute or Mars Rover with this one.  The outcry would be terrible indeed if they did only make one limited production run and this thing sold out before most people had a chance to eat breakfast.  I suppose the Toys R Us inventory will last a little bit longer, because no doubt they will charge what we all thought this would cost :wink:

Looking at the mainstream media coverage of the Saturn V, I think TLG goes for a far larger scale than for the Assembly Square set, which is very popular amongst the AFOL community, but didn't got any media attention beyond Lego-centered sites afaik. So my bet is that the Saturn V will show up at a lot of places.

I've updated the initial post once more to use the name of the final set (as opposed to the original Ideas project) in the thread title and add a few more tags.

As they no longer use "11", I'm guessing this is now intended as a more general Apollo Saturn V set, rather than Apollo 11 specifically.

3 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Looking at the mainstream media coverage of the Saturn V, I think TLG goes for a far larger scale than for the Assembly Square set, which is very popular amongst the AFOL community, but didn't got any media attention beyond Lego-centered sites afaik. So my bet is that the Saturn V will show up at a lot of places.

I think you're right.

If nothing else, I certainly expect to see it in the gift / souvenir shops at science museums, planetariums, Kennedy Space Center, etc., as well as in Toys 'R' Us.

4 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I suppose the Toys R Us inventory will last a little bit longer, because no doubt they will charge what we all thought this would cost :wink:

And honestly, it still wouldn't be too bad a deal! :wink:  Though I'd certainly rather pay TLG's price than whatever TRU might charge (even if they don't mark it up, they still won't have VIP points).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

On 2017-04-30 at 8:42 AM, Boromir said:

You all seem shocked at the price of this. This price per piece stuff is a myth. There is a lot of other factors than piece count that determines the production cost, and the retail price, of a set.

While price-per-piece is not an iron law, neither is it a myth. PPP is consistent and predictable across most sets, especially if you control for theme (e.g. Star Wars vs. Classic boxes). The surprise is warranted.

I agree that it looks fantastic!

6 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Totally agree. The scalpers on eBay are going to have a field day with this one. I'm sure Lego will get caught up on the demand like they did with the Beatles set. The response from that set was overwhelming at first with people paying twice the amount. Lego caught up quickly though and I'm sure they will with this one after about a month after release. I hope they do at least :)

Looks so good! I would have preferred minifigures instead of the micro figures. But everything else is just amazing. Ill be saving up for it.

Ok, now that I can see it properly, I love it! The scaling is actually better than the original ideas modes model from what I can tell and the detailing, like those grill pieces round round the circumference is fantastic. Can't wait to get this one. I will get this either way, but I do still hope to see the rounded ends of the fuel tanks which are visible between stages. 

Edited by allanp

I'm going to be building the launch pad and the car that Carried the rocket :sweet:

I'm mostly focused on Technic, but this set is simply wonderful, and definitely a must have for me!

Fantastic model! Will definetly buy it. Has anybody noticed that the command module on the rocket is white, whereas it is grey, when it is docked to the lander? So these are two different parts, am I right?

4 hours ago, TechnicTobi said:

Fantastic model! Will definetly buy it. Has anybody noticed that the command module on the rocket is white, whereas it is grey, when it is docked to the lander? So these are two different parts, am I right?

It looks more like a lighting variation on the conic part.

6 hours ago, TechnicTobi said:

Yes, there are technically two command module representations.  One of the photos has the rocket on its side with the stages.  In the foreground, the Lunar lander and splashdown command module are visible.  The one mounted on the rocket appears to be plain white with no printing while the splashdown one is grey with printing.  It makes sense considering that reentry can be very hard on paint.