With the June 1 release of the new Creator Carousel revealed yesterday, it should be soon that we finally get something on this.  Supposedly, both sets will be released on the same day, which is just about a month away.  I agree with Thorin that it likely would not be during the May the Fourth activities next week.  So, anytime from today to Wednesday would seem like an opportune time.  

Agreed.

From the rumour mill CM4Sci said "almost there" 3 days ago on the Brickset froums in regards to when it will be revealed so that also backs up the assumption that they will reveal it before the May the Fourth stuff.

Wow almost 2000 pieces for €120 very nice Lego! The wait is finally over. And yesterday i fell in love with the carousel and now this. June is going to be an expensive month. 

Oh this is awesome!!! :wub:

Incredible attention to detail, some nice parts usage (half barrels as the F1 engine bells? Ingenious!), I think there will definitely be some interesting SNOT techniques in here.  The bonus features are amazing too - I love the splashed down command module!  The lunar landscape is awesome as well, the astronaut microfigures are fabulous and the flag is sweet... but since when was wedging a tile between two studs a legal build technique?

June 1st cannot come quickly enough for me...

June 1 happens to be my birthday-ha!  I have a feeling S@H is going to crash at 11pm on the night of May 31--hopefully after I get my order in :tongue:  If that does not happen, then it is going to be a sick call to work the next morning to get to that Lego store when it opens up.  I must have this.  <<<-------Not something I say a whole lot 

Hard to tell whether or not these are printed parts or stickers, but it does appear they have avoided STAMPS either way.  The presentation is excellent.  You can display it in stages like they do at Johnson Space Center, or you can put the whole rocket together.  Great also how they have two different capsules for display.  The moon lander scene works well too.  Not too crazy about not having full minifigs, but it is a minor thing.  There is nothing I would change about that rocket.  May is going to be a long month!

Now we just need the launch gantry :laugh:.  Hoping for VIP early access, as this is going to sell out day 1.  I need to get two, one for work and one for the kids.

I am glad they made the horizontal display configuration, as this solves many problems related to little fingers and random cat movements knocking it over.

Saabfan - thanks!

Hollllllllllllllly sheet.  That set is amazing. The microfig astronauts! *swoon*

This is amazing and I must have one to go with my 7468 Saturn V Moon Mission and my 10029 Lunar Lander.

The only downside to LEGO Ideas is how many cool wallet-draining sets they keep releasing... :(

This looks really amazing, and that pricing! :wub:

And no stickers too by the looks of it.

Well shit, I have to get that thing for my father.

32 minutes ago, saabfan said:

I'm glad you like it! :D

Like is an understatement!  Thanks so much for creating the model and posting it to the Lego Ideas.

:wub:

It looks great, I guess I won't go to sleep on May 31th until I bought it.:wub:

Even though it's "just" a rocket, there are so many details like the moon-landing itself and the returning to the earth:thumbup:

50 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

June 1 happens to be my birthday-ha!  I have a feeling S@H is going to crash at 11pm on the night of May 31--hopefully after I get my order in :tongue:  If that does not happen, then it is going to be a sick call to work the next morning to get to that Lego store when it opens up.  I must have this.  <<<-------Not something I say a whole lot 

My birthday is June 23rd... and my wife's is July 16th, the same day Apollo 11 was launched. We got married at a planetarium... and honeymooned in June at Kennedy Space Center (combining our honeymoon with my birthday and a central Florida trip we take every year anyway for a gaming convention).

We are definitely getting this set. Maybe more than one.

Hard to tell whether or not these are printed parts or stickers, but it does appear they have avoided STAMPS either way.  The presentation is excellent.  You can display it in stages like they do at Johnson Space Center, or you can put the whole rocket together.  Great also how they have two different capsules for display.  The moon lander scene works well too.  Not too crazy about not having full minifigs, but it is a minor thing.  There is nothing I would change about that rocket.  May is going to be a long month!

They definitely look like prints to me. What are you seeing that looks like it might have stickers?

I do love the range of display options. I'm also sure it won't be long until some of us start MOCing gantries, pads, crawlers, etc. to go with it.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Just now, LucyCol said:

1969 Pieces - see what you did there Lego :thumbup:

Makes me wonder if Lego intentionally added pieces to reach that piece count!

USD$120 for 1969 pieces is amazing! Props to Lego for not inflating the price for this.

I love the printed microfigures

About the lack of minifigures, the CMF S15 Astronaut could be useful here