Blondie-Wan

21306: The Beatles Yellow Submarine (LEGO Ideas)

Thought for a moment that the box art had a tribute to Abbey Road (a set I'd much rather have), but Paul is in step with the others so it's just my mind looking for patterns that don't exist again

Ooh, that looks great! I didn't expect Jeremy to end up as a minifigure, and I love the use of giving them props from the ending. ^_^

11 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

So we completely missed this being uploaded weeks ago. From a YT video

Any chance you could post a link to the video? I tried searching YouTube for "GeekTree", but found only videogame stuff...

6 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Any chance you could post a link to the video? I tried searching YouTube for "GeekTree", but found only videogame stuff...

Hi. Please don't quote images, unless really necessary. you can remove images from a reply/post before submitting. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi. Please don't quote images, unless really necessary. you can remove images from a reply/post before submitting. Thanks.

I generally do just that, as a look at my post history should show. When did we change from quoted images being permitted as long as they weren't on the same page?

My quote did in fact have a specific reason for using the images, as they were marked "GeekTree", and I noted that I'd done a search on YouTube for "GeekTree" but hadn't located the video. Without those images, though, the reason for my search wouldnt have been clear to someone joining the thread only on the last page and seeing my post but not the one to which I was responding.

I regret that in my appraisal of whether quoting the images was warranted I obviously reached a different conclusion from yours, but I assure you I did give the matter due consideration.

1 minute ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I generally do just that, as a look at my post history should show. When did we change from quoted images being permitted as long as they weren't on the same page?

My quote did in fact have a specific reason for using the images, as they were marked "GeekTree", and I noted that I'd done a search on YouTube for "GeekTree" but hadn't located the video. Without those images, though, the reason for my search wouldnt have been clear to someone joining the thread only on the last page and seeing my post but not the one to which I was responding.

I regret that in my appraisal of whether quoting the images was warranted I obviously reached a different conclusion from yours, but I assure you I did give the matter due consideration.

No worries mate. I just responded to the report, so I didn't know your previous posting behavior. My bad :wink:

In general quoting pictures is frowned upon, unless you want to point something out.  I am not aware of any "not on the same page" permissions. 

Good to hear that you are a fine citizen :laugh: 

I think I might give the Lego store a call and check a date. If people have box images etc then they must be ready for distribution or have been shipped ready for release.

5 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Has a release date been mentioned? I saw on reddit someone claimed it was out November 1st.

I know one store overhere in New Zealand is taking pre orders for the set, they have a big picture of it up. so fingers crossed to to far away. I find out the price today with luck

5 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Has a release date been mentioned? I saw on reddit someone claimed it was out November 1st.

I saw that and $59.99. Seems steep for this. 

I think most of the recent Ideas sets have been between £40 and £50 anyway so there's no surprise with that pricing for me.

Good to know! Maybe this is their response to the leaks...

Edited by CM4Sci

Looks great! will buy it November 1st. for sure. great colours and a great set! The Fab Four look good too.... although John could have had longer hair....

Edited by (1)Stein

2688683-o_1aun8bae52euv4k1pbp34n1ha0a.jp

2688687-o_1aun8d709icl1adh1lhjt55r1bn.jp

2688691-o_1aun8dlqhjr8199jh9gle0h5fs.jpg

LEGO Ideas 21306 The Beatles Yellow Submarine

Let’s all live in a Yellow Submarine with The Beatles! After spending months submerged the Yellow Submarine has re-surfaced and it has brought along the first official images of the LEGO® Ideas 21306 Yellow Submarine. 

You can find this iconic submarine and its legendary passengers in stores from the 1st of November, 2016 for a recommended retail price of USD 59.99 / EUR 59,99 / GBP 49.99. The set consists of over 550 LEGO bricks including the 4 minifigures representing John, Paul, George and Ringo, as well as a Jeremy figure, and is an ideal gift for fans of LEGO building and The Beatles alike, with great opportunitiesfor role play or as a colorful, retro display piece

Here is the official description:

Take a surreal trip under the seas in the LEGO® version of the Yellow Submarine from the iconic 1968 animated musical fantasy film inspired by The Beatles. Ideal for display or role-play fun, the Yellow Submarine features loads of cool, authentic details including a cockpit for the included minifigures of John, Paul, George and Ringo.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/90