Chase The Cop

Olive Speedster (Not inspired for a name!)

So I was goofing around on the internet, looking for ‘space’ things; ships, artworks, pictures.. and found this nice sketch:

164908RaceShipFunnycar81.jpg

.. by Dwayne Vance, whom you can find more about here: http://mastersofchickenscratch.com/

And here is my version of it in Lego; rather faithful other than the scale (I see it more as a little speedster); It had me dealing with the limitation of parts available in olive green

34607120160402153914.jpg

78878120160402153849.jpg

28959420160402153955.jpg

Like ALL my space MOCs it had to have a hose and some clunky/homemade looking weapons. Oh and an antenna. I preferred additional weapons to stickers on the “wings” for now. Though it’s probably my first MOC where I would really fancy a few stickers for detailing.

38533720160402154110.jpg

74197120160402154837.jpg

I’m quite proud of that exhaust pipe I have to say

The landing gear started as a small display stand, and ended up part of the ship.

64234420160402154036b.jpg

Fairly spacious cockpit actually, with controls of all sorts and space behind the seat for a coffee mug. Hard to see on my crappy pictures but there are some clips there at the back to hang stuff – here a wrench, a lightsaber and a big baddass gun.

79775720160402155039.jpg

Thank you for looking and C&Cs are welcome – and appreciated!

That's a really cool ship- the color scheme is beyond awesome.

If you want to stay completely accurate to the source material, I might lengthen the front by a few studs. :classic:

I really like this interpretation of the source material! The slightly squished proportions don't take away from the main design and details, especially that cool engine!

Awesome shape (I appreciate the studless "belly" section), but I would change the engine - that big wheel looks too bulky.

Thank you all for your comments!

Mediumsnowman: Yes I did hesitate between the current design and a couple of studs longer. I was afraid it may look/ feel too long, especially with the minifig scale. I may try this one of these days.

Gzzig: I found the engine on the original sketch too small!... :grin:

Really nice ship. Reminds me a bit of The 5th Element. I wonder though, given the British flag on the original if the color was meant to be British racing green, in which case I think dark green would be more accurate. Not to slight your interpretation, just a thought.

Here it is a couple of studs longer – one of each side of the front engine. I took the opportunity to make a few small changes, mainly on the front side/ ‘nose’. I prefer it like this, and obviously do does the lil guy there, so thank you for your suggestions :laugh:

45963352a.jpg

21813952b.jpg

33497652d.jpg

This looks great. The stretched nose definitely gives a sleeker, faster look to this muscle car of a spaceship. Nice blocks of colour and a good cockpit too.

Edited by davidroberts01341