AmperZand

[Mod] Spider-Man Ghost Rider set - can you spot the modifications?

J. Jonah Jameson here. That dastardly villain AmperZand has been modding LEGO sets again! This time, he's gone too far. He's changed set 76058 Spider-Man Ghost Rider Team Up and we want to undo what he's done. Can you spot the differences between the set designed by LEGO and AmperZand's version? Readers of the Daily Bugle would sure appreciate your help.

Note that both pictures below show AmperZand's version. LEGO's original can be seen here: http://brickset.com/...t-Rider-Team-Up

highres_450900079.jpeg

highres_450900080.jpeg

Pictures © Peter Parker 2016

Edited by AmperZand

Hobgoblin's glider looks much smaller, very clever on using the rock star arms for ghost rider. Spiderman is gone! Haha

Edited by amazingbricks

Hobgoblin's glider looks much smaller, very clever on using the rock star arms for ghost rider. Spiderman is gone! Haha

Correct on all three! :thumbup: But there are a lot more. Can you spot them?

Photos are dead

Apologies. I put them on Brickshelf which is behaving erratically. I've now put the pictures on a back-up location. They should be OK. Please let me know if not.

Edited by AmperZand

I see that the bike is angled in the middle, whereas it is not on the official model, and I also noticed some additional flame pieces on the back of the bike, and near the new handelbars.

Angled in the middle? Correct. I used a #3 connector instead of the #2 supplied to give it a Chopper Motorcycle appearance. I tried #4, #5 and #6 but they didn't look right.

Extra flames above the rear wheel? Correct.

Small flames by the handle bars? Correct.

New handle bars? Correct. Again, I wanted to give the handle bars more of the swept outward look of Chopper Bikes.

Well spotted, PickleManDan! :thumbup:

But there are more mods. Can anyone find them?

There is a manhole cover right by the trash can.

Correct! You can't see it in the picture, but the manhole cover has an NYC (New York City) sticker on it which, if you know your LEGO TMNT sets, is a clue to what else might have been added or replaced. But there are modifications even beyond those changes.

The search goes on... :laugh:

Edited by AmperZand

The gold pieces on the back of the bike look really out of place but I like the bend that you gave to the middle of the bike. The glider looks way too simplistic now but the manhole cover is a nice touch to the street section. I don't really care for the arms on GR but I do like the little hazard sign you added.

The hazard sign is a modification but only to the extent that I added it. I didn't create it. It's a LEGO design from another set.

There are still a few modifications that haven't been identified. Some are subtle but others are pretty conspicuous. Can you spot them?

Edited by AmperZand

I only see four other modifications:

-printed legs on Ghost Rider

-Different flame for Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb

-Near the back of the bike, there is an addition 1x1 red clip piece that is used to bring one of the flames down one stud, which now covers the exhaust pipe

-The trash can is moved one stud to the left, and one stud forward (from the sidewalk)

Edited by PickleManDan

I only see four other modifications:

-printed legs on Ghost Rider

-Different flame for Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb

-Near the back of the bike, there is an addition 1x1 red clip piece that is used to bring one of the flames down one stud, which now covers the exhaust pipe

-The trash can is moved one stud to the left, and one stud forward (from the sidewalk)

Correct on all four! You have a talent for this, PickleDanMan. :thumbup:

There's a trivial modification in the omission of the two little fires where, presumably, Hobgoblin's pumpkin bombs hit the ground after missing Spidey.

There are also a couple of minor modifications which I didn't expect anyone to spot due to the low resolution of the pictures. One is the black 1 x 1 round plate fitted to the hole in the connector that holds the front wheel of Ghost Rider's bike. I'm surprised that plates weren't provided with the set for that purpose as it works just as well for a #2 connector as it does for a #3. The other - which can only just be seen in one of the pictures - is a trans orange disc (part 4278409) on the underside of the bike's front assembly (step 31, page 45 of the instructions).

Second street is replaced by Broadway.

Yes! I was wondering how long that would take to spot. What about the other street's sign? The same as in the set?

Yes! I was wondering how long that would take to spot. What about the other street's sign? The same as in the set?

Nah you've changed the other sign too so it reads Bleecker instead of the incorrect spelling of Bleeker.

No spooder man

That's true but amazingbricks already posted that one. Although not mentioned, I assume that both you and amazingbricks were including Spidey's new web piece.

Nah you've changed the other sign too so it reads Bleecker instead of the incorrect spelling of Bleeker.

Bingo! :thumbup:

There is no corner of Bleeker (or even Bleecker) and Second Avenue in New York City. They don't intersect, but Bleecker and Broadway do: https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

Now instead of the real life New Yorkers you can see in that Google Maps photo, imagine Hobgoblin chucking pumpkin bombs and Ghost Rider blazing in to save the day!

There are no other modifications in the pictures that are worth mentioning. Well done to everyone who spotted one!

Since taking the pictures, I've given Ghost Rider a Hellfire Shotgun. It's just a black shotgun - and no, it's not purist - but it does suit him. :pirate_skel1:

If you have modded this set, please post your pictures below.

Edited by AmperZand