Sign in to follow this  
evanridpath

[MOC] Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Hello, Eurobricks!

I have a passion for anything Star Wars and Disney, so when you combine the two into a theme park ride, I'm hooked! Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is the prequel version of the popular Disney theme park attraction, placing guests into the immersive Star Wars universe through an intergalactic travel agency, Star Tours.

Welcome to:

Star Tours, Spaceport THX-1138

Main Terminal, Tomorrowland

26874295864_6dede8856b_c.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

We enter into a huge repair bay to see Star Tours' newest employees at work servicing a Starspeeder 1000 before takeoff. C-3PO, the systems-analyst, monitors the controls while R2-D2, the navigator, repairs the forward laser cannons on the vessel, just in case they run into any debris in space. You can never be too careful!

27206468760_71081cc688.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

C-3PO: "How should I know what's wrong with the ship? I am an interpreter, not an astromech. However, you might just check the logic circuits. Sometimes I think these new transports have a mind of their own."

Supervisor: "Transport 22, prepare for elevation to passenger boarding level."

C-3PO: "Oh, that's us, Artoo. Standby for final systems check. Forward lights? Check! Deflector shield? Check! Laser cannons? Check! Hyperdr.... I said check, Artoo! Shut them down before you blow up the whole place!"

27206491810_be7efe1a35.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

I attempted to pack in as many details as I could with this build. The Disney Imagineers who develped this attraction were very clever to include many easter eggs throughout the design and I wanted to reflect those in my build:

27483491835_02a84fc243_n.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

Captain Rex

27484254185_af6be6c423_n.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

G2-4T

26876995763_742252968f_n.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

The search of the Rebel Spy

27207507510_55f2a9e3cb_n.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

The Mighty Microscope from Adventures Thru Inner Space

27412681931_0b3f00b3eb_n.jpgLEGO Star Tours: The Adventures Continue by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

You can view the entire build on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.c...157635005236200

Feedback is always appreciated! Thank you and enjoy!

Ah Daevster that's where you went! Lost you since you went inactive on MOCpages.

Honestly I have been wanting to build a MOC like this for years, I just haven't done it yet. Sector 2 is gorgeous would love more shots there. I still think the Star speeder can use some nose work though, but it's the hardest part to get right. I'm dying on LDD figuring out how to rebuild my design.

From a guy who recently went to Disney, this is very accurate. Good job!

Thank you! I tried to make most of the details as accurate to the source material, but of course took my own artistic/creative liberties when adapting this for display purposes.

Ah Daevster that's where you went! Lost you since you went inactive on MOCpages.

Honestly I have been wanting to build a MOC like this for years, I just haven't done it yet. Sector 2 is gorgeous would love more shots there. I still think the Star speeder can use some nose work though, but it's the hardest part to get right. I'm dying on LDD figuring out how to rebuild my design.

Hey, nice to hear from you! I definitely agree, the Starspeeder is the thing that could use the most improvement and it's the thing that needs the most attention next--I'll probably end up taking it apart and doing a total rehaul on it. There are over 100 pictures of the whole setup on my flickr page:

Very impressive

Thanks!

And I just noticed, that guy piloting the luggage cart... It's Matt the Radar Tech... Bwhahahaha!

Turns out even Star Tours needs Radar Technicians working for them!