Sign in to follow this  
Pop Star c o

Printed tile with real music notes - Frère Jacques

In part 3068bpb0589, appeared in sets 3939, 41005, 41050, 41063, 41103 and 41142, are featured music notes. I discovered, that it's notes for French children's song Frère Jacques, also known as Brother John.

3068bpb0589.png

A weird choice I think for a song on a Lego tile. May have something to do with licensing? Nice to know it's not just random notes as I can't read music.

I just thought weird as I'm sure I saw it in a popstar friends set and it's not really a pop song. I do realize it is a popular song just thought the type of music was a strange choice.

That is a good discovery !

I can confirm you're right ! I can read the Frère Jacques tune on this tile !

I don't think it is a weird choice as everyone knows the song and sure it's not the most Pop song ever but every musician have to train on something... ;p

Why do you think it's weird?

It's a well-known children's song that has been translated or adapted (with different lyrics) into many different languages. The german wikipedia entry for it lists dozens of translations: https://de.wikipedia...i/Frère_Jacques

It's also a very simple song that can be properly represented with just a couple of notes; probably an essential consideration since it has to fit and be easily readable on such a small tile.

It's also a very simple song that can be properly represented with just a couple of notes; probably an essential consideration since it has to fit and be easily readable on such a small tile.

Also, it's something kids who play instruments will probably recognize and be able to play (since it's one of the first songs they teach in a lot of music classes). And it's in the public domain, which can't be said for a lot of pop songs.