Attika

Tribute Model 8880 Evo (Building Instructions added)

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Thanks a lot, works fine now. Might be just because I was using my phone instead of normal PC...

The instructions are fantastic, I can tell that A LOT of time and effort went in there. Really appreciated that you share them for free. Also thanx to @1963maniac, wonderfull job! I will definately build this model one day, after TC15 is done. Probably need to buy some parts, but it will be great showing it next to the original.

There was a problem with special characters in the title, causing the problem. Don't forget to post a pic if it's built. Thanks for the nice words. :thumbup:

Dear Attika!

I'd like to thank you for your incredible Design and Instructons. I really have no idea how much work it is to such a thing but I'm sure it is not done in a minute. I'm really looking forward to build this model one day an will think of you during the build.

Wish you all the best for the future, a merry Christmas and a happy new Year.

Your Fellow AFOL

Christian

15 minutes ago, ComMix said:

Dear Attika!

I'd like to thank you for your incredible Design and Instructons. I really have no idea how much work it is to such a thing but I'm sure it is not done in a minute. I'm really looking forward to build this model one day an will think of you during the build.

Wish you all the best for the future, a merry Christmas and a happy new Year.

Your Fellow AFOL

Christian

Wow, thank you very much and I'm speaking for  @1963maniac as well. :sweet:

Just a question @1963maniac: how did you do that green highlight on the parts added per step? Used any specific software or setting for that? I saw that the instructions were made using LPub3D, I use that myself as well, but I never saw that highlight feature...

I just realised (was jumping through the Posts) that 1963maniac did the instructions, right. Of course all thats been said applys to 1963maniac as well.

I find it very important in such a case to thank you guys as this is not to be taken for granted.

21 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Just a question @1963maniac: how did you do that green highlight on the parts added per step? Used any specific software or setting for that? I saw that the instructions were made using LPub3D, I use that myself as well, but I never saw that highlight feature...

You probably just need to upgrade to latest version of LPUB3D. It's really nice and you can of course select the color to be used. Highlighting or fading is in preferences. BTW, I enjoyed building your "5+R single pivot gearstick transmission. That is an awesome idea come to reality.

21 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

You probably just need to upgrade to latest version of LPUB3D. It's really nice and you can of course select the color to be used. Highlighting or fading is in preferences.

Great, thanks, I'll first check what version I have than.

22 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

BTW, I enjoyed building your "5+R single pivot gearstick transmission. That is an awesome idea come to reality.

Oh wow, you remembered:blush:... Thanks, gives me a good feeling to hear that others are enjoying stuff that I created. I guess it's exactly that feeling that keeps people like us spending time on STEPs, ROTSTEPs and all those boring commands instead of our bricks...:grin:

57 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Oh wow, you remembered:blush:... Thanks, gives me a good feeling to hear that others are enjoying stuff that I created. I guess it's exactly that feeling that keeps people like us spending time on STEPs, ROTSTEPs and all those boring commands instead of our bricks...:grin:

That rod system you've used there is remarkable. Gave me a lightbulb moment when I had to sweat out a 5+R 4wd gearbox with transfercase.  

5plusR_4WD_LH.png

I'll post it in the gearbox topic in the near future. Thanks for the idea @Rudivdk  The render made by @1963maniac.

Edited by Attika

17 hours ago, ComMix said:

I just realised (was jumping through the Posts) that 1963maniac did the instructions, right. Of course all thats been said applys to 1963maniac as well.

I find it very important in such a case to thank you guys as this is not to be taken for granted.

No problem. I make sure @1963maniac get the well deserved cut from the acknowledgment. :sweet:

13 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Fantastic job on the model and on the instructions. Thank you for sharing, you are very generous!

You're very welcome. I'm glad this MOC raised such a long lasting interest in the community.:thumbup:

Thanks so much Attika/1963maniac. A lovely model and will (hopefully) form the basis of some great building time over the next few weeks with the kids. She'll do the new one, i'll do the original :)

1 hour ago, 1963maniac said:

I will be the first to post a picture of my build.

Sweet! I really need to get my TC15 entry ready, I want to build one too.. 

Just now, InvisibleTimmy said:

Beautiful MOCs like these are why I don’t build Technic.

*huh* I don't see the logic. Could you explain it?

On 12/14/2018 at 10:02 PM, brunojj1 said:

As I said, it´s very honorable from you and I would like to express that not only in words, but by building your model and take some pictures of it next to the original 8880, before taking it apart few months later.

800x355.jpg

800x317.jpg

800x246.jpg

Attika´s 8880 tribute model really does justice to the original. Plus it has gullwing doors, central differential lock and most of all I love the independently adjustable suspension :thumbup:!

2 minutes ago, InvisibleTimmy said:

My builds would look terrible compared to stuff like this.

Well, the stuff wasn't always like that.  Let me give you an idea how this model started it's life about six years ago: 

DSCF1710.JPG

800x600.jpg

No doors

No 4 wheel drive

No 4 wheel steering

No nothing

Look at that chassis from below! Man, I had a lot to learn... :grin:

The only thing common in the final model and this poor thing is the seats. Those were kept more less the same.

I'm sure you can do better then this. :sweet:

i love seeing these intermediate "how it developed over time" kinds of pictures. There's certainly a lot of work involved in creating these kinds of MOCs

Congratulations! I am new with studless generation but because of this model and 42099 I want to invest both of these.

I want to order all of the necessary parts (for example blicklink) but without exact item numbers iam a little bit lost. Attika! Do you have an inventory list with item numbers? Or can I get any help?

Thanks for the reply!

(Köszi! :) )

Well, this goes on my to do list as I have almost all parts and even in the right color :sweet:.
I just lack time... (and disassembly of my last moc)
Thanks a lot @1963maniac and @Attika for providing free instructions. :blush:

On 6/8/2016 at 6:30 PM, Attika said:

Steering

Unlike in the original, there is no ackermann geometry in my model, but please blame lego as it is the field where the part developement goes backward. Anyway the front steering is pretty simple, but for the rear I had to use a rod mechanism, since the compact gearbox left no room for an axle to go trough without compromising the aesthetics. It comes however with certain benefits, as with minor modification on the linking can change the steering lock of the rear wheels. I've applied the smalest as I've found it more realistic. The real life 4 wheel steered cars have only 3-5 degrees on the rear.

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for this beautiful and nifty MOC! But i have a question about the rear steering.... when built as shown in the BI then there is more or less no steering lock an the rear wheels cuase of s lot of backlash and restitance of the rear axle steering arms/mechanism

I suppose the performance of the rear steering depends strongly on the resistance of the combination of the 57515 dark bluish gray steering arms and the x873c01 Technic 4 Ball Joint Steering Arm With 3 Pin Base - if both were too strong then the rear steering performance is quite low... if you find a pair with a not too strong connection then it works great...

therefore my question: anybody out there with the same finding and how to change the linkage resulting in bigger rear steering lock?

Edited by Kumbbl