Here is my 1963 Corvette coupe and convertible.

26915458363_6a331a38bb_z.jpg27489143206_1e6da7eb39_z.jpg

Features:

Opening doors and hood

Mini V8 engine

Pop-up (revolving) headlights

Double wishbone semi-independent suspension (from 8081) on the front and semi independent trailing arms with a floating diff' on the rear

HOG steering (from 3 different places, depending on which version is built)

Folding roof on the convertible.

15x 18944 and 20x 24116 blue curved panels from 42045.

I like this one best; top down and bumpers off.

27523597245_ff7439943d_z.jpg

Many more pictures on Flickr James Tillson

I won't be making a LDD file for this but I will be adding a "how to make" video on Youtube soon.

NOTES

1963 Corvette only has one door mirror and the aerial is always up in photos.

The original design for the Stingray was the (Bill) Mitchell Corvette from 1958!

That is impressive. A very clever build, the body work is great and and underside looks great too. I would buy it. I vote for Hall of Fame.

H :thumbup:

Very impressive, nice shape of whole car and Iike functions. I hope, that one day you will add some PF :)

Edited by legosamigos

Wow, this looks amazing! The body lines are just wonderful. :wub: I can't decide if I like it better with or without the roof, it all looks so nice!!!

I've been following this project, and it turned out great. I personally like it with the fixed roof

I like how you solved the HOG issue with the roof. Both the convertible and the hardtop have clever placements of the steering knob. Great job!

Really good looking MOC :thumbup: , your use of the panels for the wheel well looks good, and the pop-out headlights, just, wow!

great looking model. I like the use of the panels to capture the look of the original. Headlights are perfect.

Steve

This is a very refined car. Looks like a real lego set.

Fantastic use of those odd panels.

Awesome build. Well done. It is instantly recognizable. I especially like the way you used the panels.

Funny thing: as a kid I had a small metal cast version of this car. It was one of my favorites. Somehow I now want to built it myself ;)

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I can't decide if I like it better with or without the roof, it all looks so nice!!!

I keep swapping between coupe and convertible, it only takes 2 minutes. Convertible is more fun because you can flip the roof up and down while working.

very clever use of those panels for bodywork... and the best, its blue!

I couldn't have done this without the new panels. They have only 2 mounting point each but are very thin. While I was building this it felt like there was no problem that couldn't be solved by adding one of these new panels.

They only come in blue, at least as a pair.

Wow, love the attention to detail! Inside of the doors, wheel caps, ...

I was inspired to add as much details as possible by Nick Barretts Mustang.

http://www.eurobrick...0245&hl=mustang

Somehow I now want to built it myself ;)

I hope to have the "how to build" video on youtube in the next few days. Most of the parts are will be available from Lego soon (so no more 42045 need to die) and I think the only expensive parts are the 7x red #3 connectors in the coupe's doors/interior and 2x white #4 in the convertible's roof. The roof can be made in black and the interior could be black, white or blue instead of red.

Should I put this on Lego Ideas? I know technic doesn't do well on Ideas.

Edited by JamesJT

I love all these old nice cars. This one looks great, new panels really add lot of possibilities. I think that i need to find all that parts and build your Corvette for display for a long time)

Awesome! I love how you used the old silver 1x2x.5 pieces! I have a couple and never know what to do with them...