Here's a (4k) render of how far I was. That is already completely stepped and  with rotation-steps. The only thing it's missing is the doors. As you can see in the image, I tried getting a door correct, but it doesn't fit at all. Now, I know that sometimes things don't fit in digital models but do fit in real life (because you can 'bend' the parts a bit), but this looks really ridiculous. If anyone has any clue what I did wrong... @JoePsysky maybe?

I'm a beginner in this still, and am now learning the tools, I will see where I get when i progress with this. The doors don't look that bad here, Perhaps this is the correct way as meant by James to be built.

I had a look at the render (WOW, great work BTW), I think the door is right, the problem is with the roof, it doesn't slope up at the front so it runs through the top of the windscreen. Maybe the lower pivot on the roof structure is one stud too far back?

26 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

I had a look at the render (WOW, great work BTW), I think the door is right, the problem is with the roof, it doesn't slope up at the front so it runs through the top of the windscreen. Maybe the lower pivot on the roof structure is one stud too far back?

I haven't worked on the car for months, so I got at it with a 'fresh' mind. I was also thinking that, maybe the doors are in fact correct and it's the roof that is wrong. However, there's no pivot point for the roof. And I'm pretty much 100% correct that I did that part correct, it's very clear in the video (and also in the video. But even if there would be a pivot point, the L beams at the back of the roof would have no room to pivot backwards (front of the roof up), because they would it the L shaped panels... 

Btw, the reason why the front window is going through the roof is probably because I just haven't properly modeled that part.

It's so frustrating that I have no idea where the problem lies. It's a really nice model, I'm so far, and then this :wacko:
Or, maybe there is no problem and it's really just a digital-only quirk and it just about fits in real-life. But I don't have the parts to test it at the moment :sceptic:

According this picture doors are actually ok, I believe. However I spot collisions between top of the door and roof.

@legolijntje have you tried building this with real bricks? That might help spotting an issue.

I have all the bricks, if I can have access to the instructions I will build it.

The RC Grand Sport is almost done. I wanted it to be simpler and lighter, the pop up lights, suspension, roof, opening doors and interior are gone. I'm using my favorite PF combo (LiPo, V2, Buggy motor and servo) the performance was amazing but is dropping off now the exterior details are being added. 

33467523086_d3aa15e649.jpg 33508699545_3c3c1a56ff.jpg

Nice, James, it is amazing modification, i'm still working to get all parts needed to build the stock model, but I'm getting closer to preparing instructions to build it, thanks to Legolintje's help. When I have some ready version, I'll send it to you and you can do whatever you want with them (if they are up to standard). I've not worked on instructions before, so I'm beginner in this but this car deserves the love, money and time i can put into it.

It's awesome, James! Seeing it cruising like that really makes me love this model even more. Boy, it took a hit in the wall there :).

Very nice job :thumbup:! Clever and compact chassis design. Smart use of the blue panels - the bodywork is perfect. I love it way more than the first version :wub:.