Sign in to follow this  
Isundir

Edelwald Troops

Edelwald Troops - Avalonia, Task 1;

Edelwald Yeomen:

26912882914_1122b2248e_c.jpg

An Avalonian commando unit, the Yeomen are a unique combination of veteran Militia and Rangers. Yeomen are trained with Javelins, Swords and Daggers.

In wartime the Yeomen are used for such missions as infiltrating an enemy encampment or fortrification and opening the gates for the main forces, stealing plans or eliminating an enemy commander.

In peacetime the Yeomen train in their hideout sources say is located somewere in Edelwald and occasionally hunt down a group of troublesome bandits or such.

Although not confirmed the Yeomen are led by Edelwald's Lord, Reinhard Sternvale.

(Loosly based of the Yeomen unit from the Fantasy Wars videogame.)

Edelwald Militia (Pikemen):

27245302880_303c4540b7_c.jpg

Edelwald Militia (Longbowmen):

26912883294_f343123b36_c.jpg

Edelwald Knights (Heavy Cavalry):

27245302910_d432448f90_c.jpg

Group shot:

26913799533_d42b039cd0_c.jpg

I hope you like the troops I created for my land, Edelwald, I don't have massive amounts of minifigs like some people (I like to collect up to 4 of any given minifig, due to budget constraints I can't really get more then that) but I hope this is enough.

Edited by Isundir

The Edelwald Troops look excellent. I like the brick built stands, reminds me of wargaming.

Thank you, creating a tabletop wargaming sort of feeling was indeed my goal :classic:

Nice army Isundir! Those long lances are very clever. I also know the struggle of too few figs, my own Ebon Band has four of a type at most as well. I'd love to see how Edelwald develops!

That's a nice army !

Don't be ashamed of the number of your minifig ! It's a good and a quality sample !

Myself, I don't have many figs to show. :)

Many of us in GoH don't have huge armies of figs to work with, which is fine. You do have a nice variety here, and each group has great part combos :thumbup:

Plus they're easily recognizable as Avalonian :classic:

Great army, Isundir! I really like the leg/torso combo for the longbowmen, and the bases for all of them are excellent :thumbup:

It's a lovely presentation of all your troops and the bases are excellent. Am looking forward to seeing them in action :classic:

Very nice minifigures, Isundir, the Yeomen being my favorites! :thumbup: And don't worry about the number of the same figs - if I have two similar ones I'm generally pretty happy! :laugh:

Welcome to avalonia, nice troops. The lances are very clever. It is hard to have large armies without spending a fortune.

That's a really good job, using the different torso combinations, to create one cohesive looking army.

Looking good! :thumbup: The main thing that needs to be worked on here is the photography, I recommend looking in the new photography section of general discussion.

Looking good! :thumbup: The main thing that needs to be worked on here is the photography, I recommend looking in the new photography section of general discussion.

Thanks, I can't find it could you maybe link it? I'm definitely willing to try things but I can't afford to purchase anything if that's involved.

These figures, your descriptions and your presentation are all excellent! Great task entry!

For most builds, I find that 4 of a particular troop are plenty.

These figures, your descriptions and your presentation are all excellent! Great task entry!

For most builds, I find that 4 of a particular troop are plenty.

Thank you kind sir :laugh:

I particularly like the Yeomen. Nice job on the others as well!