Sign in to follow this  
Uter

Cliff Fortress

Hey all.

Recently, I 've started a new castle . All the fortress that I do are of Spanish style (my country) . I show pictures of how construction goes, it is not finalized.

I've been quite busy for his job but between hours I made some sketches of a new castle . I wanted to preserve part of one of my castles so moderately respected the front and part of the mountain, but what else is new . This time I will give a better finish at the foot of the mountain on small gray plates , which have not yet done . I also have plans to add more details to the fortress itself, respecting the clean walls. ( I understand that ye see " bland " but I say that personally prefer) .

The castle is finished but I think add houses and a small wall to protect them.

8edd0dfde0c108bf30837ce9efe1009fo.jpg

0b064d8ff646e085be21bc7f85ab34cao.jpg

Constructions photos:

a427483b86840be97cd8a2a3139769bbo.jpg

363f485d50334389bb2cdc4f56d0dbc2o.jpg

e287798e3e6a14ff1617835ceae84426o.jpg

The back view:

fdffe2504e911f041ea310fe2f74387bo.jpg

Regards!

Edited by Uter

I think the rockwork is awesome, even without slopes and tiles! Looking forward to your progress. :thumbup:

I always have a hard time with the rock mountains. Yours looks great so far. I also like the dimensions and ratios of the castle.

Looking good! Considering that it is not finalised, it is looking great. Some changes I think you should make before you properly finish it are; some more texture in the walls, (1 x 2 tiles, masonry profile bricks, vines and log bricks) and the main tower needs to be a bit taller judging from where the window is.

Love this kind of build (castle + landscape). The rock work is awesome!

Can't wait to see the final product!

This is really nice looking! I like how the rocks turned out.

Looking forward to the end result!

I quite agree with BossFight and besides you're very industrious. Keep on building.

I love it! I like the water color too, and the grass on the rocks looks great

Not using any slopes at all gives moc a great classic feel to it that I really like. Doing great there :thumbup:

Looks promising. And classic in good way :) I am waiting for the update :)

Thank you so much for the comments.

Update with photos.

Edited by Uter

This work has spirit of 80s castle. Simple and effective. Real refreshment :classic:

Edited by bnesty

If you dont use the green baseplates in the rear for building then i suggest to remove them. The build will look better with less huge unused spaces.

I love the guys moving into the castle. My favorite is the guy looking at the box of books as I totally relate to the terror on the guys face. Too many days helping move people with too many books.

You know... i was gonna echo what some here said and say you need more details, the rockwork needs to be "finished" etc. but then i took another look and now i actually LIKE this aesthetic. I mean, it kinda gives it a special "retro charm" if you know what i mean. Not sure if that was intentional on your part but it somehow looks like an amazing HUGE Lego fortress set from the 90s or so.... and i mean that in a very good way ;)

Nice build! Tough some'd say you need more details, and I personally prefer that too, the lack of gives things a very classic feeling, and that's a compliment!

I agree with Darth Wayne, the specific word I was going to use to describe this is 'retro'.

I like the use of the old pieces, specially the corner wall parts, and the overall style is definitely retro, but up to date, if you know what I mean?

I really like it!