I think that every place have it's spirit. And if Baja have one, i think it looks like this)

26893407423_fa75deb564_c.jpg

There's so many Baja trucks, buggies and other Baja cars already built, so why i decided to build another one? I just wanted to make one thing properly - do not make rear axle within motors on it. Lighter the axle, better the suspension works. Theoretically)

27466773716_00a74749ff_c.jpg

I used only two arms with bionicle balls to provide enough "live" for axle, and driveshaft act as another arm, preventing axle from... from rotating with wheels) Shaft bends very little when torque changing, and it really keeps the axle like here's another pair of upper arms. Notice black anti-roll bar near differential, it's really necessary here.

26893406883_352e28ffd4_c.jpg

Front suspension is independent, double wishbone, i used simplified version of my Chieftain suspension, as it proof itself as extremely robust. Center of mass is located just behind front wheels. And i placed AA battery box between front axle and radiator) Weird, but it works that way. Model is steered with servo motor, and for driving i used one geared up XL and two geared down L motors. When i ride around my kitchen table XL is enough, when i need more torque - pair of L motors come for help. I don't tryed it in rough conditions, so can't say how this car is really performs yet)

Also here's few details, like two way exhaust with mufflers. Radiator with hoses and fan... One driver's seat, another is occupied by L-motor - it's obviously NOS tank, so no passenger seat) Doors and hood are openable. And teeth. Teeth - it's where all bodywork begins, and whole idea come to my mind)

Belly shot, if someone need it. Ready for offroad. Now i know for what these black panels exist)

27466772946_52d891c633_c.jpg

As usual, all pictures are clickable for higher resolution and sligtly more of it at FLICKR.

Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoy it somehow)

Cool! this looks really fun :laugh: i like the teeth!!

Totally agree with u about keeping the rear live axle light (without motor) for suspension to work better... but center of mass shouldn't be that front-biased, no?

Thanks for all your replies, nice to see that my MOC is looking cool)

Totally agree with u about keeping the rear live axle light (without motor) for suspension to work better... but center of mass shouldn't be that front-biased, no?

I hope that rainy weather will end soon and i'll test it on road and off road. If it fails with this weight distribution... at least it have teeth, and i'll learn something new)

Looks great! I don't know much about (the spirit of) Baja but your model certainly conveys a very lively spirit :classic: