Sign in to follow this  
piterx

RC shifter for gearboxes

Hello everybody!

I've seen you guys are going crazy with the new porche model :)

Then you might find this thing useful...

I'm working on my next big model with gearbox and all those fancy things and i've done a restyling to the shifter.

This time it doesn't require a spring and it's one stud shorter...plus it's way tidier....

I don't think it requires any explaination, you should be able to replicate it easily

Edited by Bob De Quatre
Embedded video

Thank you Piter. Just though about manual sequental switcher.

Very god shifter! Simple and effective, does what it is supposed to do.

The more I look at this, the more I think something like this could solve a problem I have with a steering idea I have. I need to have the servo turn the wheels right or left and leave them there until I tell the servo to turn straight, then turn the other direction.

Thanks for sharing...

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

This is great! Stunning

Would you help me build my 6 function sequential switchbox?

Believe it or not, but you are not the first who has such an idea.

A task like this is delicate :moar: (cannot be eaten quickly at breakfast) and very challenging for builders out there searching for the right formula "thinking inside the box"..

This is great! Stunning

Would you help me build my 6 function sequential switchbox?

feel free to use it however you like :)

As soon as ill release my new car ill make instructions for it, the gearbox ive made is a 3+R but it's the strongest and smoothest ive ever done.

It stalls two xl motors without jumping a single tooth on the gears :)

feel free to use it however you like :)

As soon as ill release my new car ill make instructions for it, the gearbox ive made is a 3+R but it's the strongest and smoothest ive ever done.

It stalls two xl motors without jumping a single tooth on the gears :)

Interesting!! Waiting to publish it ;)

Hmmm... I building sequential 6 speed gearbox right now. I think that manual shifter mechanism is what i need there) May i use it?

go ahead!

Epic Technic, sad, but it doesn't fit well in my gearbox( Anyway i got some ideas, so thanks for sharing

Yeah, I am still developing it... glad I (sort of) helped. :laugh:

Epic Technic, sad, but it doesn't fit well in my gearbox( Anyway i got some ideas, so thanks for sharing

Would you share details about your ideas? I wanna build nearly the same thing and I really need help

It's a shame the Servo is so bulky, this looks quite compact and reliable.

it would work with an M motor as well if you add that part with the spring so it goes back to central position

Would you share details about your ideas? I wanna build nearly the same thing and I really need help

It is not working yet, so here's nothing to share. One important thing for me is make ratchet, that rotate not by 90 degrees, but 60. Knob gears can interact with pulley wheels some ways, like 4Z and 6Z gears, but all my prototypes are not as precise, as i need.

Victor,

Take a look at this shifter (not my design) with six positions separated by 60 degrees:

Hrafn, thanks. It looks like a serious evolution of what i already building myself - i think it will fit perfectly. Now i just need to implement it inside my gearbox and adjust tension somehow, and it will be fully functional)

Hrafn, thanks. It looks like a serious evolution of what i already building myself - i think it will fit perfectly. Now i just need to implement it inside my gearbox and adjust tension somehow, and it will be fully functional)

Thats great! Really looking forward

Victor,

Take a look at this shifter (not my design) with six positions separated by 60 degrees:

I've seen that before and it's very nice, but I think the problem is in getting the driving rings to engage at the right points in the shift cycle rather than making a 6-point shifter module.