Jason C. Hand

[LDD] [MOC] Darth Vader's Transformation Remix

27248802191_707fbf3a9a_z.jpg

26570920416_327577296d_z.jpg

These two preceding photos are to show off my latest MOC (or rather, re-doing of an existing Lego product), what I am calling

Darth Vader's Transformation Remix. It's my attempt to somehow improve on the original set that was released way back in 2005.

Now, the original set (# 7251) included a few key features: Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, a brick-built FX-9 Surgical Assistant Droid and the

operation table. But, seeing as quite a few people out there have recreated this particular scene with much more detail than was included with the

set (i.e., background walls, redone operating table, etc), it seemed a bit lacking. So, I made an attempt to expand on the set by adding a few background wall

panels, along with various other bricks that serve as "readouts" outlining Vader's condition. Also, while the colors of the bricks used for

the original 7251 were already subdued and grave, I wanted to give the remixed version a more doleful and foreboding color scheme. Hence the use of silver & titanium metallics, med. stone grays and blacks, with some other color bricks thrown in to balance out the darker colors. Another thing is that there are only two wire and cable-like structures near the top of the second panel from the left; this I did in an attempt to make it seem as if the "room" was hastily put together, and the builders placed all of the wires and power cables in safe enough areas except for those two. As a matter of fact, the entire top half of panel two is supposed to represent a shoddily built part of the medical apparatus.

Overall, this build is inspired by the Yoda Chronicles Holocron Chamber promotional set.

LXF file

Nice! That scene was pretty cool, too! What ruined it was when Darth Vader did the classic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!". Also, how did you make that custom printing? I'm dying to know!

On 6/16/2016 at 3:05 PM, Ber Teh Unicern said:

Nice! That scene was pretty cool, too! What ruined it was when Darth Vader did the classic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!". Also, how did you make that custom printing? I'm dying to know!

Sorry for getting back to you so late, friend.

Anyways, all of the custom plate prints were rendered in the LDD2POVRay program. I just placed decorations found in LDD on the plates, and then used the custom deco

feature in LDD2POV (which was a selling point for meĀ :classic: ). There is an in-depth tutorial on how to place custom decorations floating around on here:

This will help if you're looking to put custom decals on your renders. Anyways, hope this helps, happy building!