Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Vignette: Death of Sirius Black

theaterindex.gif

This is my second vignette and I think I did it right this time. The photography worked out well and it is on a 8x8 plate. I editted a photo with Photoshop.

This is the scene where Sirius Black, Harry's godfather(?peetvader), is been hit by an Avada Kedavra spell launched by Bellatrix. He disappears behind the curtain... A sad scene from the best book/film ever (imo). :'-( Oh, Sirius...

deathofsirius.jpg

deathofsirius2.jpg

deathofsirius3.jpg

Editted with Photoshop: the curtain is added and Sirius is fading away:

deathofsirius_photoshopped.jpg

That was the sadest scene in the movie and book, and you captured the feel well. The darn creator always kill off the good characters. Oh, well, at least in the deathly hallows they'll kill (SPOILER!).

The darn creator always kill off the good characters.

The creator ? I think you are referring to Jo Rowling, one of the greatest authors of our time (whom I think deserves a little more respect! :-D )

I have to be honest--this is my least favorite of the seven Harry Potter books. Although it did make a pretty good movie. As for your vig though, I love it--the curtain effect is excellent, and the dark colors convey the mood of a very sad moment in the series. Very nicely done.

J.R.R. Tolkien is the best! Nice moc... Harry Potter- Starts at home, then goes to hogwarts and saves the day, goes home again! That sentance was a summary of every single book!!!

Frodo - Starts at home, then goes through Middle Earth and saves the day, goes home again! That sentance was a summary of the entire LOTR trilogy!!!

Ya see, it all depends on how you look at things.

The creator ? I think you are referring to Jo Rowling, one of the greatest authors of our time (whom I think deserves a little more respect! :-D )

And I believe she is highly overated. Her books take FAR too many obvious traits from previous authors, and her books are so disjointed, shifting from dark and moody to light and cheerful in a single chapter. Not to mention the cringeworthy moments and dull cliches.

Ya see, it all depends on how you look at things.

:-D , excellent quoting there though, but I do believe he is onto something there. I couldn't stop laughing at how rushed the ending of Phoenix was when Sirius dies, Voldemort attacks and disappears, and then they go home happy in a space of roughly ten-fifteen minutes.

That said, this scene youve depicted Matn was very sad, and you've done a great job with it, I especially like the photoshopped pic. The groundwork is good using different shades too. The positioning of Harry and the other guy (forgot his name :-$ ) was done good too, and the fact you haven't showed their faces (because they're smiling of course) is actually quite effective *y*

A nice little vig allround, the only thing I'd like is a bit more detail on the arch.

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Nice MOC, even if I don't know the story 8-| (Ok, don't look at me that way!)

Also, neat Photoshop effect *y*

LuxorV

Thank you all. It has to stay small, so I left off the details on the entrance of the curtain. I had a way where the arch standed not right, that was perfect, but I had to put in the black bricks (so it looks like an unending entrance) and it couldn't stand a bit diagonal.

But thanks.

Has anybody a tip to make a new vignette? Youre favorite scene of a movie (Harry Potter X-D )? I can't make anything with Hermoine in flesh, because don't have her like that. I can make some in yellow. So, anybody want to see a new one? =D

Very nice fig (thumbs up)

about new vigs, let them come. Always nice to see.

Nice work, especially with the photoshopping. I think in future you might need to input more emotion into each character's individual pose. I think Sirius needs to look like he's falling a bit more, and Harry might look better with his arm reaching out, struggling against Lupin(?). Otherwise, great work for just your second vig. Maybe a vig of Harry against Voldemort next? Or perhaps something involving the Gaunts or the Riddle House.

If i can put my hands on the Graveyard set I can make something met Voldemort. Yes, i could make something involving that house. Hm.

Edited by Matn