A brilliant idea! But that's not what she said...

The King of Carno leaned back on his throne. It was a fine day, and the king had his mind running on a bunch of odd topics, including that of diplomacy. It seemed that his ambassador to Corrington had been quite worthless, and that really needed to be fixed. Suddenly it struck the King of Carno that an alliance with that nation would be just the thing to have, and that a perfect way to accomplish such an alliance would be to marry Queen Annette, who, however, he knew absolutely nothing about. Nothing daunted, the king leap off his throne and shouted for his horse. After riding over to Bellson in mad haste (he always did everything in such a condition), he alighted at the palace gate.

26875804263_ced796aa14_c.jpg

26875811783_2079dcf0f6_c.jpg

"Queen whatever thy name beeth!" he exclaimed, bowing low, "it has recently popped into my head that, that, the fact is - in short, that I ought to get married. Your own worthy self instantly came to mind, and it is my great pleasure to present myself as your loyal servant, and to humble request your hand."

26874275064_03c58b98b2_c.jpg

Queen Annette looked bewildered for a second (which gave the king much hope of a good outcome) - however, she promptly ruined his dreams and smashed his aircastles by jumping out of the throne, and hurling her scepter at him.

26875804663_f9c2d93541_c.jpg

He looked up in surprise. "May I consider that a statement of your extreme willingness to share our kingdoms, and, perhaps to combine them into - let us see - Carnington?" he inquired in an elated undertone.

26875803533_1d5c8eb9a7_c.jpg

The next moment he found himself flying through the air in a state of ejection from the polished doorways of the noble edifice, and he landed with a splat on the pavement below.

The king looked around and shook his head. Suddenly recollecting his position, he leaped back onto his charger, and with only one hurried glance backwards, sped back to his capital - wishing, perhaps, that he had left things up to that useless ambassador.

=> next chapter: Dashing Out by Garmadon

---------------- OOC ----------------------

This was an enerving build :p First of all because our national soccerteam was playing the same time (luckily I was in another room than the tv). Secondly because I had to redo a large part of the floor mozaic...

The build is based on the palace room Ska build

23509966409_1488e92033_n.jpg

Edited by Maxim I

Lovely story! Great build, probably because we won :wink: i especially like the inside-trees

Lovely story! Great build :wink: i especially like the inside-trees

Thanks Titus! pirate_laugh2.gif

Very funny story. pirate_laugh_new.gif Nice job on the rug! :thumbup:

Carnington - lol!!!

Great story, I particularly like your mosaic flooring and pine trees!

A nice story but for the pic where your "Queen" throws the sceptre, i would have used a more angry piratey face pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice build-off entry. I like those muted earth colors with the red, blue and gold accents. The recessed shields look great and the floor mosaic is lovely. Those minifigs are nice as well. The king is unique in that torso and the guards are a creative departure from what we typically see in this forum. Your version of Queen Annetta is very faithful to the original. I thought about using that dress for mine but with the original dark red arms (due to bad memories of cracked arm sockets from my childhood collection I generally don't swap arms) but since I was including several ladies I went the easy way with the CMF Queen instead. Your story is interesting too - it seems this king is quite the character to just barge in with those demands, but a quick-witted character at that. Good work. :thumbup:

The throne room is really nice, and I love those small trees. They fit perfectly, really well done.