Sign in to follow this  
Captain Genaro

[Ol - FB 1] Rescue on Tyche

A continuation of Blackdeathgr's In the jungle MOC. As always, comments and criticism as well as suggestions on how to improve my building skills are appreciated. :pir-classic:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Groaning, Captain Anthony Genaro attempted to raise his arms as he slowly opened his eyes. The last thing he remembered was the battle between his ship, the Pride of Poseidon and some pirate schooner that came upon them in the night. He was helping the crew of Death's Fire, gun number 2, after two of her members were killed by some grapeshot from the pirates. "Wha.. what happened, what's going on?" moaned Genaro, a constant pounding in his head preventing him from thinking straight. The sounds of sporadic gunfire, music, and men shouting didn't help either. "Captain's awake," Genaro heard familiar voices whispering, and then in his left ear "Sir, it's me, Benjamin Leon, sir." "Yes, yes, of course" groaned Genaro in reply. "Well, sir," Leon continued "well, we was fighting fine until the block struck you on your head. After that, with no other officers, the ship kind of fell apart and we was boarded."

27201154700_0aa870c4ca_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

As Leon told the rest of the tale of their capture and imprisonment, Genaro looked around. About half his crew was still alive, chained in groups of three or four men with a drunken pirate guarding each one. The remaining pirates were busy dancing around a bonfire, celebrating their victory with looted liquor and "my hat!" exclaimed Genaro. "Those savages have taken my hat!" "Aye, they looted anything of value, and what they didn't take they destroyed" Leon responded. At this, Genaro sat silent, reflecting on his present predicament.

26868841214_58ce38a3e5_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Did you hear that?" said Leon, interrupting Genaro's silence. "Hmn?" Genaro said looking around. He had been so deep in reflection that he didn't hear Leon. "I just asked if you heard that noi..." but a cry of "fire" followed by the roar of muskets drowned out Leon. Taken completely by surprise, the pirates were quickly overcome by their attackers, loosing all but one man in a few moments.

27406242301_d54b463b93_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

As one of the marines moved around, bayoneting the fallen pirates to ensure they were dead, the leader came towards Genaro. Genaro was barely able to take in the man's strange appearance, two pistols and a steel breastplate, before Genaro was free and being helped to his feet. "Tom Jones, at your service, sir" the stranger introduced himself. Of course, thought Genaro, "Juggernaut" Jones, one of the most feared explorers in all of Oleon. "Captain Anthony Genaro, deeply in your debt" replied Genaro. "But I was told you were exploring Tyche with D'Offren." "Which I am, sir" said Jones to Genaro, "but I'm afraid we can't talk much more here, we're simply a scouting party and I expect the rest of the pirates to arrive any moment."

26870366873_7ffba9e320_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

At this, Jones went off to help his men search the pirate camp for anything useful while Genaro picked up his hat and sword from a fallen pirate. "Look here" said one of the men, "Blessings of Zeus with you, man" cried Jones to the sailor. "It's a map of the island! D'Offren will put this find to good use!"

27477913615_4781f9f996_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

As the explorers and the liberated seamen prepared to return to D'Offren's camp, one of the marines called out "and what should be done with him" gesturing to the sole surviving pirate. The rest of the crew fell silent while Genaro picked up a pistol. "Piracy against a ship belonging to the Crown of Oleon is punishable by death" said Genaro as he filled the pistol with powder and rammed a bullet down the barrel. "And unless any man can vouch for his innocence, we shall administer swift judgement before we leave." None spoke up, not even the pirate who simply stared at the ground as Genaro raised the pistol. "May Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades have mercy on your soul." said Genaro.

27477902275_33d7f8afdf_z.jpgCapture and Rescue by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Great vegetation, some very Nice tree-techniques here! :thumbup:

Excellent story/narration and a fine continuation of the Pirate's gold campaign. Vegetation is indeed top notch and i must take my try on those trees as well! Eagerly waiting for the next part of this campaign!

Really nice camp set up! Good work on the trees as well! :thumbup: