Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Train 12 Volts

E326-004

E326-004

Hi everyone, this is the first MOC of a long project of Italian locomotives that will affect the period from 1930 to 2015.

First of all the curtain rises on the beautiful E326-004 (1930-1980), after seeing the beautiful model made by Vedosololego http://www.eurobrick....pic=126110&hl= I've decided to tackle this new long journey! :classic:

The E326, like the other locomotives of those years were serving the inexperience of the designers who created an electric motor while remaining tied to the ideas and conceptions typical of steam.

The drive large wheels were typical of steam locomotives and for this model I preferred the BBB wheels without the counterweights of the standard Lego wheels.

Here is a first picture of the real locomotive:

e326-002.jpg

...and here is the picture of my lego model

e326-004.jpg

...just kidding! :grin:

Ok here we go...

e326-001.jpg

My model is 7 studs wide to make more realistic some details one of all the front panel.

This size has also allowed me to house the engines, the IR receiver and the batteries needed to power the locomotive

e326-003.jpg

This time I also had to use the drill :devil::laugh: on the bricks to lighting the lamps

e326-020.jpg

...the lights enhance the realism of the model and sign all my work! :wink:

The double switch that powers the model and turn on the lights is hidden inside the cab and it can be accessed by removing the right window on the back :classic:

e326-010.jpg

Now enjoy the show: :laugh:

e326-005.jpg

e326-006.jpg

e326-007.jpg

e326-008.jpg

e326-009.jpg

e326-011.jpg

e326-012.jpg

e326-013.jpg

e326-014.jpg

e326-015.jpg

e326-016.jpg

e326-017.jpg

e326-018.jpg

e326-019.jpg

Here there are also some videos of E326 in action with some German wagons with the same color ...the wagons are a tribute to Helos :classic:

[media]

[media]

[media]

[media]

As always LT12V your models are always so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us! Impeccable!

Keep it up!

-RailCo

Another wonderful model of yours with so many fine details. Awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just to please my curiosity: What is the purpose of that vertical fin in front of the cab windows?

Impeccable!

Thanks Rail Co you're too kind!

Another wonderful model

Just to please my curiosity: What is the purpose of that vertical fin in front of the cab windows?

Thanks Tenderlok ...about the vertical fin I think they are a sort of blinkers to help the driver to mantain focus :classic:

Cool. The original locomotive itself is very beautiful and no less beautiful model. Particularly pleased with detailing at the bottom near the wheels of the locomotive - amazing accuracy.

And where a ladder was gone to the driver was able to get into the cockpit? :look:

Edited by Nemo57

An excellent reproduction... aside from the safety stripes on the plow I don't think I can spot anything on the prototype missing from the model. Well proportioned and fantastic detailing!

Very nice, really impressive, like all your models. Welcome in the definitely "NO PURIST" club..(o my god, drilling!! :blush: ).

As you have pointed out a real problem with Lego trains are the wheels. BBB L have no counterweights ok but they have holes for rods, I don't understand why Lego make tons of different car or truck wheels for Afol (the last porsche is not child targeted, I presume) and not some more size and shape for train fans, could the community make something in this sense?

with all my compliments.. but don't forget the steam...

Sergio

Great work again. Always amazed how you got all your models capturing the essence of the original. The details are perfect again.

One question though. You made the pantograph completely red. The collectors on the original seem more dark bluish grey/black. Or was that just for esthetics?

And where a ladder was gone to the driver was able to get into the cockpit? :look:

Lol :laugh: you're right but there wasn't enough room for the ladder ...so only tall people can drive this machine! :wink:

What a wounderful work. Which parts your spot light is, I think it's not the Lego offical part.

Theay are the rings from some Lord of the Rings sets

An excellent reproduction... aside from the safety stripes on the plow

Correct, I'm thinking about some stripes but that concave surface would not help in the laying of the adhesives :sceptic:

Great job! You managed to reproduce it with a lot of details!

Thanks Patgeo

I don't understand why Lego make tons of different car or truck wheels and not some more size and shape for train fans

...but don't forget the steam...

Sergio

Hello Sergio, about the wheels I think that BBB has made many interesting molds that compensate the shortcomings of lego ...and about the steam I'm already focused on a new BR :grin:

Great work again.

One question though. You made the pantograph completely red. The collectors on the original seem more dark bluish grey/black. Or was that just for esthetics?

Thanks Man with a hat; about the pantograph I hadn't noticed this detail ... I'll try to change the red tiles with two in dark gray to see the aesthetic effect :thumbup:

e326-003.jpg

I see you're driving the BBB wheels directly, but those don't have a groove for a tire. Are you getting enough traction?

Hello Sergio, about the wheels I think that BBB has made many interesting molds that compensate the shortcomings of lego ...and about the steam I'm already focused on a new BR :grin:

Ok for BBB, but they are limited too; in the Lego scale the XL are equivalent to a diameter of 1368mm, let's say actually too small for the great oldies steam beauties.. but another problem arises for the modern machine as well: the contemporary wheels are full, not spoked, and are larger then 646mm (the scaled diameter for the 17.4mm lego train wheels).

Final raw: in order to play everything is good, to model at right scale Lego should give some more attention to AFOL(T) community, just as in the cars and trucks affairs.

I'm waiting for the next BR :wub:

Sergio

I think you can be forgiven the drill:) The lights really complete the effect nicely. If I tried to make this I am sure it would just look like a big brown brick but you have made it look elegant with amazing details in all the right places. Hats off to you, another fantastic build.

What must I tell..

Awesome work. Here I can see a real locomotive master. Mine one was a little more than a nice idea, no one has ever built this model. You have take it to another level. I'm proud to be the inspiration for this locomotive. My compliments. It will be nice to see all two, one near the other, to make a comparison. Thank You for this fantastic work.

Lovely model, and quite faithful to it's real life counterpart.

Cale

Fantastic. You captured the feel of the original very well. It almost feels more like a regular model trains than a Lego one.

:thumbup: 100x, it is beautiful!

You're too kind! :blush:

I see you're driving the BBB wheels directly, but those don't have a groove for a tire. Are you getting enough traction?

The traction is great because I've grooved the wheels before applying the o-ring (you can read this topic http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=48948)

Ok for BBB, but they are limited too; in the Lego scale the XL are equivalent to a diameter of 1368mm, let's say actually too small for the great oldies steam beauties.. but another problem arises for the modern machine as well: the contemporary wheels are full, not spoked, and are larger then 646mm (the scaled diameter for the 17.4mm lego train wheels).

Final raw: in order to play everything is good, to model at right scale Lego should give some more attention to AFOL(T) community, just as in the cars and trucks affairs.

I'm waiting for the next BR :wub:

Sergio

Hi Sergio you're right but with hypothetical XXL wheels also standard lego curves should not be more comfortable and even worse the railway points.

My next BR will be a big one (I hope so :sweet: )

I really like the lights; they are a nice detail that really finishes off the model. :thumbup:

The lights really complete the effect nicely.

I'm really glad you like the lights because the part of welds has been complicated

What must I tell..

Awesome work. Here I can see a real locomotive master. Mine one was a little more than a nice idea, no one has ever built this model. You have take it to another level. I'm proud to be the inspiration for this locomotive. My compliments. It will be nice to see all two, one near the other, to make a comparison. Thank You for this fantastic work.

And last but not least thank to you Vedosololego! You're the original author of this locomotive and I thank you to call me locomotive master ...but I'm not more than you! :thumbup:

Lovely model, and quite faithful to it's real life counterpart.

Cale

Oh wow Cale you play in a different league for my skill ...thanks for the compliments! :blush:

It almost feels more like a regular model trains than a Lego one.

thanks TheJiral ...you're too indulgent :classic:

Great work, as usual.

Thank you very much Ex cinno :thumbup:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Hi Sergio you're right but with hypothetical XXL wheels also standard lego curves should not be more comfortable and even worse the railway points.

Right, this is perhaps the reason why Lego doesn't make different sizes, but the potential market of different track geometry should be at least investigated. Someone (Tenderlok) has gone on LGB tracks, ME is evolving, BBB has made some interesting projects but hasn't the financial strength for production, perhaps when this will be available, at reasonable price, the things will change..

waiting for another puff puff

Sergio

Edited by monai

The man did not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. (G.B.Shaw)

But, as my brother (physician) says, we all are afflicted by a severe chronic degenerative desease called "registry office" or simply "age" ..

I have still some images of steam locos in my childhood memory so perhaps is a "lost time research"

Sergio