Kolonialbeamter

Calling Volunteers! Oleon vs. Namere Build-Off

Last month, an unknown ship flying no colors attacked an Oleander convoy and captured both the Commerce de Breshaun and the Scimitar. Several reports suggested that the privateer ship had come from Namere. So Oleon's ambassador in Balmin confronted the Royal Court, who denied any involvement, claiming the ship in question must have come from somewhere else. Both an Oleander delegation and the Balmin Royal Court are now gathering evidence to prove the other side wrong.

So we're calling for volunteers for a build off to decide which side has the better arguments.

• Three volunteers for each side (Namere and Oleon).
  • To volunteer, apply in this topic and state which side you'd like to help.
  • Each volunteer will have to build one MOC.
  • 20x20 limit on MOC size, with a minimal overhang.
  • Deadline is June 25th.
  • Any BoBS member can volunteer for Namere, except Oleanders.
  • Only Oleanders can volunteer for Oleon.
  • Each team must incorporate the following four themes at least once in their total of three builds: investigator, the ruse, lighthouse, and Pine Sol (a cleaning detergent).
  • Once the teams are determined, a PM thread will be set up for each team.
  • Builds must be posted in their own thread and linked to below.
  • All builds will earn 10 DBs (but will not count as free builds).
  • If Namere wins, Namere volunteers will receive 50 DBs in addition to the 10 DBs for building.
  • If Oleon wins, Oleander volunteers will receive 50 DBs in addition to the 10 DBs for building.
  • Building may commence immediately, but waiting to confer with your fellow builders might be advantageous.
  • After the 25th, a voting thread will be set up. All EB members will be invited to determine (based on the MOCs) which side deserves to win this buid-off.
  • If Oleon wins, the two ships will be restored to their former owners. If Namere wins, the ships will remain... somewhere.

More information on Namere:

Namere, once part of Mardier, are the easternmost people on the continent. They are avid seafarers, but mostly travel west. They control the gateway to the north coast of Halos, and have a pretty strong local navy. They are currently involved in open support for the rebels in the Mardier Civil War. The rebels opinion is that any of the major nations that still trade with Mardier (all of them) are supporting the "False King" in power currently. So a Namere privateer would have permission from Mardier rebel command to plunder any ships of another country not currently backing the rebels (Namere, Carno, Garvey, Altonia).

So... who's up for a challenge? Throw down the gauntlet and let's get bricking!

We still need a third volunteer for Namere! Come on, guys - this is your chance to make a buck and to "stick it the man" (Well, Oleon). pirate_laugh2.gif

Then I believe the side with sufficient builders can win by default, *if* they build something.

Perhaps you can compete with just two builds? But I don't know. I would suggest recruiting another builder! pirate_blush.gif

Then I believe the side with sufficient builders can win by default, *if* they build something.

Perhaps you can compete with just two builds? But I don't know. I would suggest recruiting another builder! pirate_blush.gif

I think it would be possible to compete with just two builds.

I think it would be possible to compete with just two builds.

So we should start thinking of what to build?

So we should start thinking of what to build?

Ok, I know I shouldn't but I'm in for Namere....

pirate_look.gif:thumbup:pirate_laugh2.gif Oleon is on!

Ok, I know I shouldn't but I'm in for Namere....

Great!

We have 4 of 6 builds posted and it's the 27th... :look:

Was this extended?

Not officially, but Namere asks for some extra time.

All current builds posted will be accepted. Any builds submitted within 12 hours of this post, will also be accepted. Then, this build-off will be closed and voting can begin.

You can close this immediately as I won't have any time to build until Sunday. I could have built last Sunday but I thought the deadline was already past.

Voting is closed. Thank you all for the great builds.

I regretfully admit that Namere gets to keep our ship license by one vote! :cry3:

• Maxim I and TitusV each won 60 DB
  • Captain Genaro and Kolonialbeamter each received 10 DB for participating
  • And Mpyromaxos won/received 20 DB for the best build and participating

I thought the best builder should have received an additional 10 DB. :blush:

So he did. :grin:

Thanks again.