Sign in to follow this  
Asad

Orders

*** About 6 Months later ***

Captian Liam led Eric and Peter into the grand throne room. Peter had heard stories, but had never seen it himself. In the back of the hall, prince Tirioc stood with a small septer in had. "I have summoned you and your soldiers, Liam, to keep peace in this land. Stories and rumors of a cult worshiping dragons has risen in the south. Weary messengers and refugees from the southern towns say the cultists burn all that doesn't side with them. Take your men to Kauster, where you will find a small militia. Smoke out these cultists, I will not have them in my fiefdom. And what is that farmer doing?"

"Sir, this farmer is one of my men. He is very good wih the staff, blade, and almost any weapon you give him. Ove the past few months, he has become very trusted among my men, but has never been in a battle. I would take him with me if it pleases you."

"Take him and go, but not without properly outfitting him with a proper weapon and armor."

"Sir, he has no money. He cannot afford anything but the clothes on his back and that pitchfork."

"Captian Liam! Since when did we frce the underprivallaged to pay for their own weapons when they serve unwillingly in our military? If you are so stubborn, take the funds out of my treasury!"

Humbled, captian Liam stormed out of the hall with Peter and Eric following close behind. Kauster would be waiting tomarrow, and Eric led Peter to the mess hall. After an ale and some hearty food, Eric and Peter went down to the armory to request a weapon and armor for Peter. Since Peter had the most experiance wiht a pitchfork, he was provided with a spear and sheld. Properly outfitted in light mail, Peter went with Eric to find a suitable mount for him to take to Kuaster. A fine bay horcse was found cheap, so it had to do. After a restless night, he felt Eric waking him. Kuaster awaited...

IMG_4801%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4802%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4804%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4805%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4808%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4810%2Bcopy.jpg

IMG_4811%2Bcopy.jpg

Comments appreciated, preferably comments with tips/suggestions.

Sweet interior! The cheese mosaics in the floor, and wall texturing are well done :thumbup: A solid black, or dark colored wall behind the stone would work nicely to keep light from showing through any gaps.

The dark green carpet looks pretty nice, but might be even better smooth, which if you don't have the tiles could be accomplished by using bricks sideways. Having arches below and above the windows looks great.

Nice banners too :classic:

That crack on the walls is awesome..... So well done....

The stained windows are also great. Overall a great work. Only thing I would suggest, adding details to the dark green carpet.

Thanks guys! I agree about the carpet, though my collection is pretty much completely visible in this MOC. :blush:

Edited by Asad

Very Nice build, tough the floor seems a bit rose, I like the Windows and the walls

Excellent build, Asad! Great continuation to your story, and fantastic wall texturing :thumbup: Very nice stained glass windows and doors too :classic:

Great interior scene !

Excellent wall texture ! That crack on the wall is great !

Nice story too.

Well, did I mention it is a Great job !... So yes it is...

This looks fantastic :classic: The walls are very well done and I love the crack. The windows really stand out as do the detailing in the doors and thrones. I agree the dk green carpet would have looked slightly better if made with tiles.

Really awesome interior! I really like the texturing on the walls. The one possible suggestion/ idea I have is that maybe the floor could have some texturing, similar to the wall. I wonder if it would be more fitting to have more texture to match the walls, because it seems slightly strange that the walls are so heavily eroded while the floor looks pristine. However this is just a thought, I do really like how it looks now with the cheese mosaics and I'm not sure if texturing the floor would actually look good( since it might mess up the symmetrical feel of the throne room), but I just thought I would share the idea.

Excellent job! The wall texturing and stain glass really help this model stand out fro the crowd! Also, nice touch with the cheese slope detailing in the floor.

I think a tiled carpet might look nicer here- I am not sure. Hosting your pictures on Flickr instead of google is a must, you will gain a whole new audience for your MOCs that way.

Edited by BrickCurve

The texturing of the walls, the stain glass windows and that crack are very nicely done.

Great wall texture! And lovely mosaic. As a throne room is supposed to impress visitors, I can say you did well! Also cheers for the well written story!