Last Friday in the "Three Cannon Balls" tavern:

27046635990_d8b4e10f1c_c.jpg

... some trouble started...

27224208052_1f1ab8e0ab_c.jpg

... the usual trouble in a pirate tavern. :pir-grin:

(with a variation of the lighting)

27424494886_27de29ed3c_c.jpg

Initially I just wanted to build the interior of a pirate tavern, but then it seemed possible to have a somewhat decent outside too

(with a - admittedly - very basic roof):

26714334214_93355f02ec_c.jpg

Larger pictures and more on flickr.

C&C welcome!

Very classic looking tavern. Fun to see a Hook look a like in there, and the Nexo Knights shield on the outside looks great pirate_classic.gif

Very classic looking tavern. Fun to see a Hook look a like in there, and the Nexo Knights shield on the outside looks great pirate_classic.gif

Thanks - the Nexo shield came in handy. I was not sure what kind of sign to chose for the tavern.

I love how you've got a shark mounted on the wall, and your frothy beer mugs are a very clever idea.

pirate_satisfied.gif I have experimented with a few mugs and cups - this seemed to be the best approach.

What you see on the floor is a smashed version of a beer mug.

Good scene !

The classic tavern fights always begin with a broken glass !

I like this shark hooked to the wall, I will probably re-use (erhm...steal...) that idea in a build of mine...

Did I missed the monkey ? I did not see any in the tavern.

Good job Captain !

Good scene !

The classic tavern fights always begin with a broken glass !

I like this shark hooked to the wall, I will probably re-use (erhm...steal...) that idea in a build of mine...

Did I missed the monkey ? I did not see any in the tavern.

Good job Captain !

Thanks - feel free to re-use any of the design... I found the inspiration for the shark somewhere else anyway pir_laugh2.gif

The monkey was supposed to sit on the grey box near the roof.

But the photoshoot was too boring for him so he went away pirate_laugh2.gif

There are stuffed heads of elks and deer in knights' castles. And your idea to put a crocodile and a shark on the walls is just perfect for a pirates' tavern.

Lovely tavern Cap'n. :thumbup: The interior looks great, and the white-grey-brown looks fine on the exterior. And gold... :pir-wink: (Better hope Sir Dee doesn't arrive or he might take the window lattices with him when he leaves! :pir-laugh: )

I like the chandelier and the roasting pig is a good feature. I always like balconies and this one looks fine. The fight looks pretty normal; I see a few heads didn't even bother to turn. And the shark on the wall is pretty much mandatory for a pirate tavern, no? Arrr!!

But the biggest trouble I see is that bluest-of-blues, Kolonialbeamter, drinking from a red mug! Did someone steal his yellow one?!?!

Good work. :classic:

pirate_blush.gif I've been frontpaged!

Excellent work as always! I really like the cooking pig, and the chandelier.

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Thanks a lot pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice scene.

Congrats on being front paged. :classic:

pirate_classic.gifpir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gifpirate_blush.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

There are stuffed heads of elks and deer in knights' castles. And your idea to put a crocodile and a shark on the walls is just perfect for a pirates' tavern.

Thanks. I could not fit the octopus though pirate_laugh2.gif

Lovely tavern Cap'n. :thumbup: The interior looks great, and the white-grey-brown looks fine on the exterior. And gold... :pir-wink: (Better hope Sir Dee doesn't arrive or he might take the window lattices with him when he leaves! :pir-laugh: )

I like the chandelier and the roasting pig is a good feature. I always like balconies and this one looks fine. The fight looks pretty normal; I see a few heads didn't even bother to turn. And the shark on the wall is pretty much mandatory for a pirate tavern, no? Arrr!!

But the biggest trouble I see is that bluest-of-blues, Kolonialbeamter, drinking from a red mug! Did someone steal his yellow one?!?!

Good work. :classic:

Yes, there is a bit of gold in this MOC. pirate_laugh2.gif

The chandelier should be attached with at least three chains - otherwise it keeps moving forever when you touch the MOC.

The explanation for the red mug is simple: He is in disguise on a secret mission!

pir_laugh2.gif

Awesome tavern. Good job hanging the animals on the wall as trohpies.

Thank you! pirate_satisfied.gif

Did anybody mention the lantern design?

I would so buy this! How long did it take to make this?

-Divine.

A few hours.

Let's see: I did the baseplate and the ground floor. (2h) Then the first version of the first floor incl. chimney (1-2 h).

Then I changed the chimney (1h) and the railings and tried to make the animals stick to the wall (1-2 h).

Next came the roof (very basic) which needed some stabilization element (1h).

Design change: Then I wanted to have an real building, not just an interior.

So I had to modify first and second floor (1h).

Beer design, minifig selection and posing (1-2h)

That seems to sum up to 8 - 12 hours, spread out over the course of a few days.

Some funny things in the built: the grey-haired gentleman with the turned green glass in his hand, the roasted pig, the bowtie 'soldier' up above, the skybound pirate...

So inspiring! And so many different characters

Thank you - there's got to be strange people in a tavern.

Some funny things in the built: the grey-haired gentleman with the turned green glass in his hand, the roasted pig, the bowtie 'soldier' up above, the skybound pirate...

pirate_laugh2.gif The "turned green glass" was meant to look like a differently shaped bottle....

And they grey guy holding it was not able to turn around and look at the scene - not possible with that hairpiece...

I saw this on the Frontpage and immediately thought how good the chandelier would be for swinging on during a Pirate fight, just like in the films.

Let's see - maybe I'll turn this into another picture.

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

After all these years! Great! :pir-laugh:

:pir-huzzah2:

Better late then never. :pir-huzzah2:

11 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

After all these years! Great! 

Ah yes, yer pirates are running amok on the Classic-Pirates.com blog getting drunk and disorderly. :pir-huzzah1: