AlmightyArjen

Huge train station MOC of 25.000 bricks

Thanks for all the positive reactions! :)

Wow, seriously impressive Almightly! :classic: Great scale and ingenious level of automation and lighting, like the white too. Presentation is fantastic. Curious as to how long it all took you do design and build and what lighting systems plus tech you've used.

Love the Kepler, is that the one from Blokbricks?

LDD design took about 2 months, building the whole thing another 4 I guess. Average of about 20 hours a week. The whole thing is quite low tech actually: for lighting I used normal LED's (5mm) (through a technic plate with a transparent 2x2 plate beneath it and for the light poles I used SMD LED's. All moving equipment is controlled by an Arduino, together with L298 motor driver modules. Yes, the Kepler (I know it only as the "Koploper", which is the dutch name) is indirectly from BlokBricks.

I've seen this great and funny video again with my kids :laugh: ...I've some questions: how do you do the different voices? ...and how have you done the terminator screen? :classic:

Voices are done by voice actors, I used Fiverr.com for that. Pay a few dollars and they say whatever you want :D The Terminator screen is made in ColorDirector as a base, text has been added in the video edition software (PowerDirector).

AlmightyArjen,

Well done. Though I kept waiting to hear some intercom announcements for the station or platforms regarding all the trains. I love how your gourmet coffee shop is "The Coffee Chain". Lights, people, automation, ... mass transit (I had to think about what to call it.), shopping, entertainment and of course, trains. Lots of trains. Typical main station schedule there: local trains, regional NS trains, high speed SNCF TGV service and who ever runs the red one, distance trains (T.E.E. Rheingold!), a freight train (I will overlook the continental thing...) and a vintage historical special train.

Is that wheel slip I hear?!

3D LEGO

Well done. Though I kept waiting to hear some intercom announcements for the station or platforms regarding all the trains.

There's one scene with an intercom annoucement on 2:27, it's pushed back to the background due to the voices though. I could've used it somewhere else too.

I'm placing a third vote for you to post the out-take where Captain Jack gets to the top of the escalator!

A seriously beautiful build. I love the way you have the classics rolling through too. I love the functionality; you have planned this out like a railway station, not just a display piece. The night time scenes are beautifully shot.

I think my favourite part is the lift stopping randomly on different floors.

Splendid

AlmightyArjen,

You are right. I am not sure how I missed that. I blame it on Arnie, no the cosplayers, no... THE TRAINS! I blame it on them for distracting me. :grin:

3D LEGO

Wow. Just bumped into this, your whole layout is absolutely insane! Especially the escalators. Very well done and great video.

Edited by polarstein

This is an awesome build. There are so many little details that I won't even bother trying to go through them all. I love the escalator since I have never seen a functioning model, and the power sliding doors on the entryway were just perfect. Now you just need to put together a modular city for the train to goa round and it will be spectacular. The small creator sets for buildings just look minuscule in comparison unfortunately, I think it would look better without them even there since it detracts a little from the stunning station/mall. The train station and shops is worthy of taking first place in most competitions, now take your great talent and fill it up with other unique buildings. I think your talent speaks for itself so it might take longer but a fully custom MOC city would be reply awesome and something I would love to see. I live in Columbia, MD and there is the first branch station in the US, B&O to Old Ellicott City is the first rail line ever produced. Every year they have the local AFOL's put together a train and city display that is about 20'x20' and about 5 feet tall with multiple levels. Your station would fit in perfect with something like that, any local Lego club would be lucky to have you as a member.

Fantastic MOC! After all these years stopping at static train station both the driver and all passengers from your 7740 musty veer really happy to stop here, get out, use the escalator, get a coffee and meet many unique nerds at the platform and in the mall.

Great video, worth the efforts making it!

Again, thanks for all the positive reactions, very nice to hear!

This is an awesome build. There are so many little details that I won't even bother trying to go through them all. I love the escalator since I have never seen a functioning model, and the power sliding doors on the entryway were just perfect. Now you just need to put together a modular city for the train to goa round and it will be spectacular. The small creator sets for buildings just look minuscule in comparison unfortunately, I think it would look better without them even there since it detracts a little from the stunning station/mall. The train station and shops is worthy of taking first place in most competitions, now take your great talent and fill it up with other unique buildings. I think your talent speaks for itself so it might take longer but a fully custom MOC city would be reply awesome and something I would love to see. I live in Columbia, MD and there is the first branch station in the US, B&O to Old Ellicott City is the first rail line ever produced. Every year they have the local AFOL's put together a train and city display that is about 20'x20' and about 5 feet tall with multiple levels. Your station would fit in perfect with something like that, any local Lego club would be lucky to have you as a member.

I not much of a city builder: I get bored very fast on working on the same city for a while. It's more my thing to engineer and build automated systems but I try to fill the layout with other sets and yes, there will be some more MOC's in the future; I have some ideas.

Impressive train station, like it. :thumbup:

Wow! That's real dedication. Is it the final version or will we see further updates?

The internal structure is built loose from the exterior so it's possible to change the interior completely. But for now this is the final version and I'm not sure if I'm keeping it for years to come: it became bigger than expected and it's consuming a lot of space in my attic :)

Haha, that Alien ;) You did a very nice job there. Sorry I missed it, was nice to put on the FP :)

There are Lego MOC's .... and then there is this, "the next level". Wow!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Brilliant creation.

Haha, that Alien ;) You did a very nice job there. Sorry I missed it, was nice to put on the FP :)

You still can, just say that you were stuck in the toilet and couldn't post it sooner ;)

Indeed of course ;) or was abducted by your alien for a while!