the fixer

What would you use as a minifigure wargame base?

Hey y'all,

I'm thinking of playing some sort of simple miniature wargame-type game with my missus using our Marvel superhero minifigs...

Now I was wondering what to use as a base for the figures... Something round ideally, close to the diamater of your typical miniature game bases...

Actually, the bases of the LEGO Infinity figures are perfect but sadly not very practical for several reasons.

What LEGO brick, plate, piece or simple construction would you guys use?

Thanks,

Cliff

I'm actually working on designing a Lego minifigure wargame right now, where I use 4x4 plate disks (don't know the technical term). That seems to seat a minifigure and some gear pretty well without the gear getting entangled when bases touch. Since minifigures are larger than the common 28mm scale of most minis games, the larger base footprint is a better alternative than trying match something like Warhammer/40K bases.

One of these ...

60474.jpg

with two of these in the middle ...

3794.gif

so that the minifigure can stand centred on the round plate.

I'll second MAB's suggestion. You can also add décor and such around the jumper plates to make them more interesting.

Or even the ones used for the Lego Dimensions figures work well.

I think that's what he meant when he said:

"the bases of the LEGO Infinity figures are perfect but sadly not very practical for several reasons"

Disney has a toys-to-life game called "Disney Infinity", and it's pretty similar to LEGO Dimensions conceptually. I assume he just confused the names. But as he mentions, those are a little impractical, mostly thanks to the cost!

DaveE

I'm actually working on designing a Lego minifigure wargame right now

That sounds interesting, Hawklord! Feel free to share your rules once you're finished :)

For the moment I was thinking of using a modified version of these rules:

http://dominowriting.com/SimpleMinisRevised.pdf

Anyway, thank you very much for the help, guys! Much appreciated.

Those 4X4 plates will probably work best. Not only can you decorate them, you can also for example place a number of studs representing the number of times you can use a certain special ability.

Oh yeah- Davee was right, I totally switched the names Lego Dimensions and Disney Infinity. Big fan of both, actually. :)

Now I was wondering what to use as a base for the figures... Something round ideally, close to the diamater of your typical miniature game bases...

Actually, the bases of the LEGO Infinity figures are perfect but sadly not very practical for several reasons.

Why not use the Dimensions discs? They can be very cheap on Bricklink and are made to hold a minifig.

The price goes up and down and depends on how many you need of course, but I saw them as low as 3 cents the other day. The above link will take you to the full list sorted by price with a min. qty. of 10.

That sounds interesting, Hawklord! Feel free to share your rules once you're finished :)

I might post them once I'm finished, but they use a system and idea I've not seen used before.

Sounds cool, Hawklord! :D

Thanks again for the help guys! Lotsa possibilities! I'll certainly look further into them :)

Edited by the fixer

Hey Hawklord, are you still working on that wargame?

I've been working on one for several years on and off, and would love to see if you wanted to compare notes and possibly get it off the ground!

Edited by Tajerik Ri