LucasLaughing

[Anthology] - Large - Cold Blooded

Han's story:

Look, it wasn't my fault, ok? When I told the princess that I could acquire “any piece of hardware in the galaxy, no questions asked,” I figured she wanted something easy, like a nexu fur coat or a box of disruptor rifles. I wasn't expecting her highness to request a power capacitor for a v-150 ion cannon. I had to call in a lot of favors before someone connected me with the salvage dealer on Ord Mantell.

27373485426_7e8069acf1_c.jpg

I don't know if the dealer burned us or if it was someone else down the line, but the bounty hunter was waiting for us at the rendezvous point. Waiting for me. This clown was no Boba Fett but he was several steps up from Greedo, which meant Jabba had raised the price on my head.

27373482886_9f529b2dd0_c.jpg

I'd left Chewie to guard the Falcon, of course. The old girl looks a little too much like scrap to be safe around salvage yards. The princess had insisted on coming with me, to make sure I didn't screw up the deal I guess. At least she had the sense to get behind me when the bounty hunter showed up.

27131493010_90e7fa8e40_c.jpg

I could have talked my way out of it. I mean, that's what I do, right? It turned out to be a moot point. The rodian behind the bounty hunter managed to drop his spanner. The bounty hunter turned his head for a second …

27373473426_34d70bc41a_c.jpg

...and the next thing I know, I'm deaf in my right ear and the bounty hunter is flat on his back, with a smoking hole where his eye used to be. I turned around, and her worshipfulness just shrugged and asked if we could still get our hands on the capacitor. I guess watching your home planet get blown away tends to leave you a little cold blooded. That's okay, though. No problem. I can handle cold blooded ... but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the princess thing.

Thanks MKJoshA for a great contest! I had a lot of fun building the engine, and all the little greebled bits in the salvage yard. More pics are below, and full-sized pics can be found on my Flickr.

Overall scene:

27131482890_4f97b02430_c.jpg

Just the engine:

27131468380_84e7977dbc_c.jpg

26800262743_28ff9c7027_c.jpg

27407173935_4c22197a38_c.jpg

Some of the greebled bits

27335957871_3cd6fb8aa1_c.jpg

Very good work! The engine is stunning and the greebling on it looks great.